Useful Linux commands for beginners

edited November 2017 in OS setup and Linux
miner - shows running miner screen.
miner start | stop starts or stops currently configured miner obviously.
miner log, miner config - selfexplaining

agent-screen - shows hive client agent

selfupgrade - upgrade from console, same as hitting a button on the web

hello - say hello to server again. To refresh IP addresses, configs etc. Normally it's run on startup.

firstrun -f - ask for for rig ID and password again

sreboot - do a hardreboot
sreboot shutdown - hard shutdown

Ctrl+C - stop any running command

Switch miners screens, detach from terminal
Ctrl+A, D - detach from screen (miner or agent) to leave it working
Ctrl+A, Space or Ctrl+A, 1,2,3 - switch between screens if you have second miner running and so on

Show hive boot log
journalctl -u hive --no-pager

Show log of X server (graphical interface)
journalctl -u hivex --no-pager

System logs
dmesg - to see system messages, mainly to see boot log
tail -n 100 /var/log/syslog - to show last 100 lines from system log

ifconfig - show network interfaces
iwconfig - show wireless adapters

mc - file manager like Norton Commander but for Linux

Comments

• -- reserved --
  • How to see GPU (miner?) crash log?
  • edited November 2017
    Denis wrote: »
    How to see GPU (miner?) crash log?

It's a good question for beginners. I'm think there is opportunity to do it better and easy for begginers.
    Claymore's miners has log file calling lastrun_reboot.log (part of log before reboot) and in another hand other miners (not from Claymore) has log like <miner program name>.log
  • is there a command to monitor memory errors? I would like to test my stability of underclocking like I do with HWINFO64 in Windows 10. Also is there a way to see real-time voltages for each card? The reason I ask this one is, some cards behave differently. You may set 850v but it's offset is different. I have seen same models but different memory does this all the time. So it helps me adjust accordingly.
  • Hi. i install the HiveOS Image on USB of 16G but the img its of 8G how i can expand the USB Filesytem to recover unused space ?
  • You can use Gparted Live CD
  • dandy wrote: »
    You can use Gparted Live CD

yes dandy, i understand but my question if can i make the espansion on line?
    like "ethos" feature

thnx!!
  • SluRRiC4Ne wrote: »
    is there a command to monitor memory errors? I would like to test my stability of underclocking like I do with HWINFO64 in Windows 10. Also is there a way to see real-time voltages for each card? The reason I ask this one is, some cards behave differently. You may set 850v but it's offset is different. I have seen same models but different memory does this all the time. So it helps me adjust accordingly.

Unfortunately, there is no such utility, but if a mechanism is found as it is implemented by the HWINFO64 utility, I would, even though I'm too lazy, even bother with writing such a program under Linux)
  • edited February 16
    HaloGenius wrote: »
    SluRRiC4Ne wrote: »
    is there a command to monitor memory errors? I would like to test my stability of underclocking like I do with HWINFO64 in Windows 10. Also is there a way to see real-time voltages for each card? The reason I ask this one is, some cards behave differently. You may set 850v but it's offset is different. I have seen same models but different memory does this all the time. So it helps me adjust accordingly.

Unfortunately, there is no such utility, but if a mechanism is found as it is implemented by the HWINFO64 utility, I would, even though I'm too lazy, even bother with writing such a program under Linux)

Completely understand not writing this program, but Is there a way to check shares found per gpu? This would be useful in diagnosing excessive memory errors on Linux.
  • A tool such as HWINFO64 or just about ANY way to check for memory errors is VERY MUCH needed in HiveOS! It's the only thing I lack right now to be the perfect OS for mining! I have a rig that does a bit lower than normal effective hashrate and I have no idea how to diagnose what card is causing it. So I would need to install windows just so I can run HWINFO64 on it and see what the cause is, which is a bit redundant in a situation where we run a superios base OS such as linux.
  • Всем привет! подскажите как включить просмотр процесса майнинга второго майнера? Если вбить "miner", то на экране будет инфа по первому майнеру. Спасибо!