Driver reinstall

edited November 2017 in OS setup and Linux
Sometimes "advanced" users want to try other drivers. Really advanced would not ask such questions, but if you want to play here is a guide.

- You have ssh or physical access to the rig.
- Go to /hive-drivers-pack
- If don't know how to "go" then close this page please
- There is some collection of recent driver files. Or you can download what you need.
- Stop X server with "systemctl stop hivex" or "killall xinit"
- Stop miner with "miner stop"

For AMD
tar -Jxvf amdgpu-pro-XXXX.tar.xz
./amdgpu-pro-install -y
dpkg -l amdgpu-pro
If you reinstall it might complain that amdgpu-pro-uninstall exists. Just remove that file. "which amdgpu-pro-uninstall" will help to find where is it.

For NVIDIA
Just run NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-3xx.yy.run
In rare cases it fails to compile DKMS module or something then I reboot and try again. Usually it works from the second try.
Tagged:

Comments

• -- reserved --
  • I'm a new miner. But, I've tried other OS and HIVE is by far the best. Very impressed. I am wondering though if you are considering adding new nvidia drivers in a new update. Or can you explain how to get the latest ones installed? All the best to you and thanks so much!
  • edited February 9
    darkhouse wrote: »
    I'm a new miner. But, I've tried other OS and HIVE is by far the best. Very impressed. I am wondering though if you are considering adding new nvidia drivers in a new update. Or can you explain how to get the latest ones installed? All the best to you and thanks so much!
    Try to read topic carefully once more