Sometimes "advanced" users want to try other drivers. Really advanced would not ask such questions, but if you want to play here is a guide.
- You have ssh or physical access to the rig.
- Go to /hive-drivers-pack
- If don't know how to "go" then close this page please
- There is some collection of recent driver files. Or you can download what you need.
- Stop X server with "systemctl stop hivex" or "killall xinit"
- Stop miner with "miner stop"
tar -Jxvf amdgpu-pro-XXXX.tar.xz
dpkg -l amdgpu-pro
If you reinstall it might complain that amdgpu-pro-uninstall exists. Just remove that file. "which amdgpu-pro-uninstall" will help to find where is it.
Just run NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-3xx.yy.run
In rare cases it fails to compile DKMS module or something then I reboot and try again. Usually it works from the second try.