Booting problems

13»

Comments

• Thanks again for the response @HaloGenius. I'll try the older version when I get home later and report back here.
  • Indeed, @HaloGenius, that was the problem and the solution. It was solved by putting the image of the previous OS version onto the SSD and then it worked like a champ.

Hopefully this helps some other users too. Thanks again for the help!
  • What is the problem?
    p5bx8cjpfwq5.jpg
  • hello
    I have a problem,
    I try to install but my pc can not run img file? what can i do ?
    how can i resolve this problem as i want to use but i cant i try 3 diferent burner program
  • Two different problems, I don't want to spam both sections, so mods if you must, please delete my other thread:

Problem 1:

I used the built in flash bios function of hiveos to flash an MSI rx570. It failed to flash the bios I selected, but once I checked the "overwrite security" check box it flashed successfully.

It asked me to reboot, I did, and now the miner hangs on the intro hive screen. "a start job is running for HiveOS" ~27s.

before that; drm:amdgput_device_init [amdgpu]] **error* hw_init of IP block <gfx_v8_)> failed -22

Problem 2:

4GB rx560 and 4GB 1050ti give a not enough GPU memory in ETH+DCR Claymore. I believe this started happening after I updated to 0.5-.51 today. Is there a way to roll back OS?

Any ideas?
  • edited May 15
    I've flashed the iso to a usb, but no mater what the boot settings are in the bios hiveOS will not boot
  • winddude wrote: »
    I've flashed the iso to a usb, but no mater what the boot settings are in the bios hiveOS will not boot

5.51 only boots into bios

5.32 boots to blank screen with only a caret
  • winddude wrote: »

strange... it works when I wrote the .img with startup writer in ubuntu but not when I wrote with disks or with dd from the cl

• edited May 16
    The Problem is that HiveOS shutdown is a simple shutdown
    and does not really looking for if services are finished and
    write their data back. So if you have a slow device the write
    back process is not finished and it end in corruped partition.

I guess the shutdown script has to be a bit more "sensitive". ;-)

The magic is to have a script wich checks all of the important
    "service status" and after all services are finished do the reset
    or shutdown.

• Приветствую, коллеги! Проблема в следующем: работал риг с 11-ю 470/570 все на 4Г. Заменил все карты на 570 8Г - хайв грузится только с 9-ю. С 10-ю выдает ошибку:7nvs5on8b70h.jpg
    Пробовал образы с 05.51 по 05-12. Фото - ошибка загрузки 05.12. Далее следует бесконечный запуск Xorg. Что-где подкрутить? Помогите пожалуйста разобраться.
  • Ветка умерла?
  • Сегодня попробовал на свежем образе 05.53 - выдает немного другую строку:
    kernel BUG at arch/x86/mm/pat.c:536!
  • I am having the same problem using an asus b250 with a core i5 6500........... I went back to biostar f350 without problems now ..... so I read and conflict with the core i5 is missing its code in the kernel ... ..vhdefsip5h2q.jpg
  • Подскажите пожалуйста подробное решение проблемы : Запускаю уже со второго SSD hiveos и выдаёт ошибку ! Скрины прилагаю!5prxojxm9ij7.jpg
  • edited June 1
    @Artemkanemainit
    Версия релиза HiveOS ?
  • самая новая с офф сайта
  • AFAIK you need the 0.5-32 image so you can boot from an SSD.
  • Что не у кого не было такой проблемы?
  • edited June 1
    самая новая с офф сайта

Такая проблема была с образом 51 версии. Сейчас он не доступен даже для скачивания.
    Вы используетет образ версии 0.5-53?
  • Подскажите, загружаюсь с HiveOS 0.5-53, ошибок нет никаких, процесс идет стабильно, и в конце выдает [OK] Started Hive, после чего не реагирует.
  • "Подскажите, загружаюсь с HiveOS 0.5-53, ошибок нет никаких, процесс идет стабильно, и в конце выдает [OK] Started Hive, после чего не реагирует.

Аналогичная беда...
    rig на 6 карт ASUS mining RX470-4G
    Материнка: Biostar TB250-BTC ver 6.0

При включении через dvi на материнке, что-то грузится до надписи
    [OK] Started Hive и зависает...
    omlvsw0ud8nv.jpg

При включении через DVI в карте, подключенной к PCIx16 - черный экран
    Gen1,2,Auto - не помогает...
  • Стартани без карт.
  • самая новая с офф сайта
    на некоторых ригах с AMD картами (rx 480 Nitro+ 8G) были аналогичные траблы...
    помогало переформатированием SSD !!!
    В винде заходим Компьютер > Управление > Управление дисками,
    выбираем SSD, сносим все разделы, создаем один новый, опять сносим созданный раздел и опять создаем (подряд 2-3 раза !!!) и уже потом накатываем образ hiveos.
    Образ накатывал через HDD RAW Copy Tool
    Трабл возможно связан с не всегда корректно создаваемой файловой системой при форматировании в винде SSD под образ hiveos на Linuх
  • Материнская плата M2N4-SLI запуск с hdd, читал что нужно запустить noapic acpi=off, а я не вкуриваю)1r7tji9ehwii.jpg
  • Hey all!

HiveOS does not start with a similar problem to the people before me.

I get the
    A start job is running for Hive

and it gets stuck in there

1. I ssh-ed into the rig and ran
    firstrun -f

and couldn't finish it because of the "hello"command not working
    2. If I try to run hello this is what I see
    [email protected]:~# hello
    jq: invalid JSON text passed to --argjson
    Use jq --help for help with command-line options,
    or see the jq manpage, or online docs  at https://stedolan.github.io/jq
    {
      "jsonrpc": "2.0",
      "error": {
        "code": -32700,
        "message": "Parse error"
      },
      "id": null
    }
    ERROR: Parse error

3. net-test is working fine.
    4. I have upgraded to the latest version as well (0.5 60)
    5. with agent-screen I get these:
    Sat Jun 23 01:08:04 BST 2018
    Failed to read claymore stats from localhost:3333
    Hashrate claymore 0 kH/s
    {"method":"stats","jsonrpc":"2.0","id":0,"params":{"rig_id":"206358","passwd":"hiddenHash","miner":"claymore","miner_stats":null,"total_khs":"0","temp":["0","42","42","40","42","42","40","44","41"],"fan":["0","60","60","60","60","60","60","60","60"],"power":["0","34","37","35","36","36","34","35","34"],"df":"2.0G","cpuavg":[2.04,1.87,1.46]}}
    OK

So I think there's no valid connection to the hiveOS servers... any help