MinerGate - Claymore/Ethminer/Genoil (ETH)

I’m new to GPU mining, Hive OS, and need help with the Hive OS wallet settings for MinerGate-Claymore/Ethminer/Genoil to mine Ethereum (ETH).

My rig is an old CPU with 2 GB RAM and a GTX 1050 Ti 4GB (installed last month). I managed to boot Hive OS on this rig (had some issues doing a proper image-to-USB copy on a mac before due to not being able to find instructions for it). Separately (under this rig’s Hive OS), I managed to install MinerGate and MinerGate-CLI, and have tried mining ETH successfully using MinerGate-CLI. ;)

Not familiar with Hive OS wallet format, I tried looking for information regarding MinerGate. So far I only found a thread on using XMR-Stak with MinerGate. (I tried these settings and it worked well, I can confirm being able to mine XMR on this rig using Hive OS.)

Going through MinerGate website, the information there is, in essence:
  • Ethminer/ETH/OpenCL: ethminer -G -S eth.pool.minergate.com:45791 -u YOUR_EMAIL
  • Ethminer/ETH/CUDA: ethminer -U -S eth.pool.minergate.com:45791 -u YOUR_EMAIL
  • Genoil/ETH/OpenCL ethminer -G -S eth.pool.minergate.com:45791 -O YOUR_EMAIL
  • Genoil/ETH/CUDA ethminer -U -S eth.pool.minergate.com:45791 -O YOUR_EMAIL

So far I noticed that the similarities of the above would be including the switch “-u” or “-O” followed by my email. No information provided for Claymore.

Learning from the XMR-Stak post, I make sure %EWAL% is not empty: I tried both filling in email and an ETH wallet address, in addition to filling in my email for %EMAIL%.

Then for Claymore Dual, I added the following epools.txt info:
POOL: eth.pool.minergate.com:45791/%EMAIL%, WALLET: %EMAIL%, PSW: x

For Ethminer, I entered information for pool server, port, password, and I added “-u my_email” for the extra arguments. (Do I have to fill in “wallet and worker template”?)

Both Claymore and Ethminer setup did not work, unfortunately. And if I understand correctly, Genoil is not part of the Hive OS setup.

I feel I get most confused because all other examples puts in worker names, etc. whereas for MinerGate all you need is the pool address and your email.

A help here would be much appreciated. o:)

Additional Background:

Why not use other pools? The reason I want to try MinerGate first is due to the lower payout threshold. I intend to try other pools (Ethmine and/or Nanopool) only after I get Minergate working for a while.

How new am I? I am familiar with the most generic of mining concepts, have tried MinerGate mobile and Mac apps for mining XMR, knows GPU is faster than CPU but is nowhere near ASIC, mostly on a 2009 Macbook Pro, but has a PC with a GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, but only a 2GB RAM, running Win10 32-bit. I have heard of a Stratum pool, but does not know what it is nor other types out there. I know Hive OS packs a number of miners, but I still don’t know much the difference between, say, Claymore Dual and Ethminer, or even which of the two should I use, for that matter.