More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

AMD FirePro W7100 8GB. .... Hidden GEM 42MH

You’d need to edit the bios with the Tonga BIOS editor (TongaBiosReader) I posted earlier to be able to change the voltages.

I had to use the HawaiiBIOSReader program to overclock+undervolt my FirePro W9150s so they’d run cool and use less power.

I’m actually getting ~21 mh/s from BetterHash in Windows even. I can be happy with this. Especially when the card was only $225

While we’re talking professional cards, is it possible to easily tone down the heat output of the W9100 and WX7100? The W7100 was easy with a BIOS mod, but the W9100 (Hawaii) is a bit less straightforward and the WX7100 (Polaris) refuses to handshake with an AMD driver if it gets a BIOS mod for voltages/clocks/power target.

Hive refuses to even recognize the WX7100 as a card.

The pro wx9100 is a Vega more or less… any idea on the v340? Just basically 2 Vegas on one card?

So does anyone have a bios that makes it run at 17mhs and lower heat?
Or else i might just sell mine, worth a try.

Lower heat, I dunno lower power I think they were posted.

Give me a few hours and I’ll upload mine if no one else has. It’ll keep temps under 70°C and average over 17MH/s at the pool.

If hashrate is roughly reflective of memory bandwidth why does the W9100 suck so hard? 512 bit bus and 320GB/s memory bandwidth…for a whopping 16MH/s. Is it just because I am dense and haven’t figured out how to enable compute on Hawaii or something?

1 Like

I have the S9150 and get 28.6mh/s in HiveOS. The w9100 is basically the same card.

I’m using a customized bios rom made using hawaiibiosreader.

The stock bios clock speeds are too low and vram speeds are too high. The bottleneck, sadly, is Hawaii’s compute power isn’t good enough to handle all the bandwidth available, so I lowered the RAM speed to 1000 mhz.

Running the gpu at 1000mhz and the memory at 1000mhz seems to be the sweet spot for hashrate, stability and power consumption for my cards.

I also dropped the vddci to 800mv at 1000mhz for the memory controller.

Thanks mate, looking forward to try it out :slight_smile:

My W7100 vBIOS

I make no guarantees, but under Win10 for me it’ll do ~18.1MH/s at less than 69C (nice) in a Dell Precision chassis. It isn’t expertly modified, just quick and dirty: 1350MHz memclk, 700MHz coreclk. In Windows I use MSI Afterburner to control the fan curves and I just set it to a hard locked 75%.

wx9100 is a Vega 10 XT, with 16gb of ram so kind of a Vega FE / Vega 64. In anywise initial playing is it only gets to about 37-38Mh/s. So its kind of a dud… but haven’t played with it tons yet. Will know about the V340 soon.

I wish I had a WX9100, but I have the losersauce W9100. Following farkeytron’s suggestion, and switching to the Hive beta to get all my cards running, I’m getting 27MH/s out of it at 116W so livable.

Mid-30s out of a downclocked Vega seems about right. The stock Vega 56 with Hynix memory is like a 37MH/s card if you just drop the power limit and don’t play with the memory speeds and timings; the Samsung ones at least offer a ton of tuning headroom.

It does have Samsung memory… so I need to play with it some more here, to see what it can do.

I am at 42.5mh/s now with just setting clocks and voltages on memory and core. No straps yet etc… Need to soak test over night to see how it is stable wise.

Also, I did try flashing the Vega 64 and Vega 56 bios it did not like it… :frowning: But still need to try FE, but may not be needed. So Making progress.

huge help guys i own one of these w7100 cards and its not recognized as w7100 instead its unknown help please help to make identified

You can’t use TRM have to use Phenix

guys help me please something am doing wrong. I have a w7100 and its identified as unknown dell then bios id ill upload so you can see what’s going on cause am confused to the brink of no return

THATS ALL WELL AND FINE ARE YOU SAYING I DONT HAVE TO HAVE IT IDENTIFIED AS SUCH

What’s up bro please share the oc settings for this card cause some things vddci mvdd don’t make any sense to me

Can anyone post their w7100 modified bios please? Thanks in advance. I have one, but its mem clocked at 1525 and I’m getting too many memory errors for it to mine successfully.