More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Asus RX 5700 XT Memory temperature

Ok, So let me tell you why the memory temps are bad, its because ASUS in all their wisdom used a thin heatspreader instead of having the memory cooled through the main heatsink itself.

So onto to a possible solution which has atleast brought down memory temps slightly.

Get a 2 mm thermal pad and slice 3 strips that can be placed ontop of the heat spreader on 3 locations where the memory sits. This will then allow connection between the heat spreader and the main heatsink, therefore allowing heat to be sent to the main heatsink.

I saw a temp drop of around 7c on the memory and I used some cheap pads. You can try good thermal pads and should get better results.

Also put the memory controller voltage to 1300.

See my reply beow.

hello!
can someone help me to improve all my cards??
Only the first 5700 has a modded bios.

if your memtemp is 94 the your fan should be faster than 74%. try a clean fresh install of hiveos which is with latest amd driver. that should fix some fan control issues and autofan should work better with that. if autofan says target 80 e.g., your fan must be 100% if you go above 80…then you need to start optimizing rig cooling or sourround temps or decrease mem vol!tage / clock to get temps down.

I need one. Can I have one [email protected]

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.