More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Auto installation of AMD Drivers on HiveOS/Ubuntu

I added 19.50 to the script :grinning:

Thanks for bringing this to my attention I am happy to help

2 Likes

Can you provide some more details like cards you are using and what drivers at you trying to use.

Also what version of HiveOS are you running?

5.0.21-hiveos-beta
1x Vega 56 - RedDevil
2x RX5700 - MSI

Insert it to automatically download all available versions from amd;) Below is the code :slight_smile:

options=( `/usr/bin/wget -qO- http://download.hiveos.farm/drivers/ | /bin/sed -n 's/.*href="\(amd[^"]*\).*/\1/p'` )
options+=( "Quit" )

select opt in "${options[@]}"
do
        if [[ $opt = "Quit" ]]; then
                exit
        fi

wget http://download.hiveos.farm/drivers/${opt}
    version=${opt/.tar.xz/};
done
1 Like

can you help me with new drivers for Vega and rx5700? :slight_smile:

Какие драйвера подойдут для RX 570 8g ? Hiveos 0.6-97@191128 …

это не имеет значения, они все работают одинаково для 570

@Meccaflare0 Thanks for all the work. Can’t imagine how many people this has helped. This worked great for my RX580 rig.

I just got a Radeon VII I want to get hashing. Will this tool install the proper drivers for Radeon VII?

I tried for rx5700 (also based on navi), unfortunately after the miner driver upgrade it stops working. There will probably be the same effect for VII

So far I am having trouble with script and wget from hive’s driver archive. constantly getting “WARNING: amdgpu dkms failed for running kernel” :confused:

When hiveos give a new mining and good for rx 5700 ?

First of all thanks for making this script! I was able to use your script to revert back to 18.10 successfully after attempting to manually update, and then using your script to update to 19.5 AMD (and finding it wasn’t supported on my current version of Hive Ubuntu). So I reverted the AMD drivers back to 18.10 successfully. Hive sees the cards, but Claymore doesn’t. Says “AMD OpenCL Platform not found”. Suggestions?

Ended up just reflashing my thumbdrive w hive and it had newer versions of the drivers (19.20 and 440.31) So I’m good for now. :slight_smile:

Plz could you add the 15.11 drivers to list too :slight_smile:

Hey! Thank you for the script! What about 20.10 ubuntu drivers?
BTW 19.50 give me error “1m 28s - GPU driver error, no temps” on Sapphire Pulse and PowerColor Red Dragon RX 5700

Hello guys

I use this 3 script and everything is ok, update work normal. But before use script i read that my driver is OpenCL 19.20, but after install is only 19.30 or 19.50??? Where is that Open CL???
I dont have problem with Claymore, everything working normal… I found some another instalation process but same result. Where i am wrong?

thx

Hi, I have hive os 0.6@153200821, is ubuntu 18.04.04, and I installed last amd driver for that OS, don´t worked, what version do you recomend? we have 20 options, but I think that only shall work the OS corresponding… I have MSI RX 5700 8 GB DDR6…

How do you get into maintenance mode? when i run
./amd_install.sh the screen goes black

Not WORKING!
HiveOS - 0.6-164@200930

error

attempt 2

and yet, does not check for space … After all these attempts. there is little space left. The script reached 71% and just froze.

1 Like

Hello

I have version os 0.6-183@201215 which driver the me Rx 580 cann install??? or which driver for Rx 580 MSI 8gb is best

Thanks