More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2060 wont go over 22MH

There are the settings, try it out:

Core: 930
Mem: -1004
PL: 125

Anybody have some settings, i couldnt tweak some good, 24.1Mh is best i could get?
My memory is just GDDR6

What miner are you using. I am using the T. rex miner with the above mentioned settings.

They have worked for me got it to currently stable at 29.25 m/hs with 47w and 51°

Can you screen shot your rig so people can see your settings

Im using Nbminer 39.6, today was relased 39.7.

Tried best i could get is 24.12 with more power consumation. I triying to tweak in linux for more than 4h just today.
Tried using first pcie slot, other raisers… so its just stuborn gigabyte 2060 6gb (Memory GDDR6)

The only difference between your gigabyte card and mine is your card is 90.04.63.80.OF my card is the same but ends OC.

I also have the T. rex miner with the Over clock settings set to 930 -1004 125. That gives me 29+ M/ha

See below images

Thank you friend but never more than 24.24mh with trex. Can you dump vbios and send me, if you have cpu-z info would help to compare in windows, i can send you my vbios. My next step is tweaking and testing in win. Maybe it is linux nvidia driver , that make problem not sure “, i have 3060s, 1660supers and this one 2060 which is stuborn all in same rig.

Tried negative clock for core -200/-220 and mem -1004/-1008(thats sweet spot). Got 24.24 with 120w.

Im looking to solve this mistery config.

Hey, have you tried the oc settings that @bjones suggested?

Core: 930
Mem: -1004
PL 125

If these won’t make 29mh, then there is only one way, swap the bios. I have a few threads about it. Just let me check

Your memory ending is…0F, I am guessing that is the case, why you will need to flash new bios.

Ask this guy OP @somazvanica, he got same issue https://forum.hiveos.farm/t/re-gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2060-wont-go-over-22mh/56134/3

Check thid reddit page, the OP swapped the bios for the 2060 https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/p2pbry/2060_lhr/

Yes friend, i tried everything. I need to check what revision or what type od silicon is Card in windows.
Hope we find out what is realy with this model of card.
I sended mesaage to @somazvanica hope he answer me soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would be great if you let us know the final outcome:) Hope all goes well for you :crossed_fingers:

Ok i have used …. 0C vbios and i get 29.17Mh

In windows i see i have Hynix memory now with flashed new BIOS it say Samsung. It would nice that somebody who have this card with hynix and unlocked hashrate to share.

Solution is flash VBIOS with compatible one.

Stil i havent tested older version of bios for Gigabyte REV 2.0 if somebody have Hynix memory, please share :slight_smile:

@bjones you have hynix memory or samsung, can you send me your bios dump? Memory type can be seen in windows gpu-z.

check this settings

It is a bios lock version 90.04.63.80.0F like mine have some type of new LHR in BIOS for 2060, tried and that tweaks for sure. I was going slow and tweaking i know when nbminer crash with bad settings, Trex doesnt…

There is fu3 update Bios on gigabyte site for this card. Anybody know how to open bios in win and check info?

Nice, you made it work :partying_face: I do have hynix, samsung and GDDR6 memort cards, how to make bios dump?

With GPU-Z very easy Extracting the GeForce video BIOS ROM file | NVIDIA

In hive you have vbios download, you check to save in folder later you download as file from rig.

More>overclocking>download Vbios

If not problem mark as bios revision and memory , you have tu104 gpu die?

Here you go:

RTX 2060 OC 6G Rev2.0 Samsung memory - Upload files for free - Gigabyte_GeForceRTX2060-6G-90.06.46.00.25_Samsung_GDDR6_REV2.0.rom - ufile.io

RTX 2060 D6 6G Rev 2.0 Only says GDDR6 memory- Upload files for free - Gigabyte_GeForceRTX2060-6G-90.04.63.80.0C_It_only_says_GDDR6_REV2.0_rtx2060_D6-6G.rom - ufile.io

I do not have a pc at the moment to check with GPU-Z. Let me know if these helped:)

2 Likes

Thanks friend, i have flashed 0C it hides memory maker but gpu-z shows, if you do with negative clock on memory it hynix 99%. I think 0C is for samsung memory i will check dump differences.

Hi Dear,
i also have 2060 with hynix memory, bios: 90.04.63.80.0F and with stock settings i get 19-20 mh and with some oc i get 22.00-24.11 mh.
If the problem is in the BIOS can you share how to update/downgrade it?

What is your OC’s?

1 Like

Stock setting - 19-20 mh
PL 72, CC curve, MC +850 , 22 mh
PL72, CC curve, MC -502, 24.1 mh

Flash bios from upper post “RTX 2060 D6 6G Rev 2.0 Only says GDDR6 memory “. It is for samsung i flashed same on Hynix, his dump is identical as from reddit i have flashed. Upload your GPU-Z picture after flashing, and dump to compare with my. I want to be sure it is 100% identical( there could be 2 versions only for new revision of that card)

Do dump your vbios first and save it, nvtool in windows, after dump you flash.
Tutorial is easy you have on thechpower site, on google…

It is important to know that you flash at your responsibility!

Use negative memory clock -1004 and core 930 or 1050, try.

1 Like