More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

GPU detected but not mining?

Bro have you got any solution i am facing this problem for so long

Bro i am facing this problem on my zotac gtx 1060 mini too i am afraid if it is a sign of dying

How can i check kernel version

This is exactly what I am dealing with. I have a 1660 super that works great for a while. Itā€™s the card at only 59 watts though, itā€™s GPU 2, you can see it was down for the last day or so cause i didnā€™t realize it till now. It works fine with a reboot, and after a few days itā€™ll randomly go offline. I know thereā€™s an update i need to do, but Iā€™m out of town and donā€™t want to run into issues and not be able to get my rig back online till Iā€™m back. I did turn the overclocks down slightly and turn the power limit up. The fact that itā€™s drawing a lot less power has me slightly concerned.

its drawing a lot less because the core is 1000. if you set it 1300 it will be like the other one.

This is effecting half of my Radeon VII cards. Iā€™ve tried just about everything and have no idea why they stopped working.

3 Likes

This worked for me! Thanks!

Like HuyTheMiner said (/u/HuyTheMiner), downgrade your bios firmware before 2019. For example, I am using ASUS z390-p, and downgrade it into 2417 version. It works as every GPU were detected and work well.

I have the same issue with my nvidia cards rtx 3080 and 3070 ti, but amd cards works really well rx 6900 and rx 6800 xt. I have tried different things,
1- You know, you can supply power from different connections for risers, I supplied risers of nvidia with sata connection, and it may be the problem i change the power connection to molex.
2- Upgrade nvidia cards
3- Upgrade hiveos

Edit: These 3 things solve my problem.

look at my post Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060, 6 Gb wrong identification - #11 by kaitracid99

Well, here I had the problem, when I updated the hiveos to the latest version, so I downloaded the stable version again and installed it, and it worked, I didnā€™t have any more problems.

have u find a solution bro ???
i have same issues like u now ~_~

Im bulding a Rig, already have 5 RTX3090 nvidia Founders edition, 4 are working great, but one have this issue that appears as GA102, I have uodates hive Os to latest version and I have the most uodated driver, for are workign great and 1 not, any clue on how to solve it?

I tried a lot of these options but to no avail. What did work was downgrading Phoenix Miner to version 5.4c and that seemed to have done the trick. So far so goodā€¦itā€™s been running for the past 6 hours or so with no issues.

Hi even i am having the same issues tried changing the risers cable power suply power cables but no go. Mine is a 1080

Hello all, I had same issue, solved it, share my thought.
I have HQ risers and 1600W PSU.
I tried everything in this thread. End solution, I focused on POWER.

I use MSI 6900 XT, it is power hungry, needed 3 x 8 PIN cables to keep it happy. Previously I use 2 x 8PIN and 1 x 8 to 16PIN, and it just doesnā€™t mine/hash. Not sure why. But switching to 3 x 8PIN solved my issue. I also switched to teamredminer, I will try other mining software but teamredminer is nice, so I will keep it.

For someone else maybe bad risers or BIOS or HiveOS, but I bet it is mostly power draw issue. I hope this helps someone.

Same thing happens to me. I have two 3090 suprim GPUs but the new one I bought displayed as GA102 [GeForce RTX 3090].

I tried everything except changing motherboard or PSU.
Any solutions?

Did you find a solution, I am having exact issue with a 5700xt

have you tried with driver update? if its new one maybe it needs new driver.