More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

HiveOS support MSI H310-F Pro?

most of ur mobo resources are occupied
try to disable audio, sata, raid controller, make sure to make PCIe at x1 speed, it should solve the issue. i had same issue but on different mobo and it took me like 4-6 months to figure it out :slightly_smiling_face:

Always the same problem

I encountered no end of problems with this board that I ditched it in the end. Did anyone find solutions to these problems?

Iā€™m having issues with same board, some kind of nic driver issue. Unsure if there is even a resolution. It seems like hiveos should support at least some of these miner specific boards. Minerstat works without issue but not hiveos. Hiveos really needs to work on some better support or at least list what the recommened hardware is. Very disappointed here.

What a nightmare! I tried every option possible thatā€™s related to the GPU, and it keeps giving me the same error. I even tried NhOS from USB and it had different boot errors only after I plug the 5th GPU or so on. Iā€™m dumping this pos MSI board and getting the asus B250 mining expert.
Guys donā€™t waste your money and time on this pos.

I have this motherboard and i have no issues so far, been using it for almost a year already. Got 6 GPUā€™s plug in to it, 16x PCie slot is empty turned on mining mode , 4G enabled , disable audio, sata, raid controller.

If anyoneā€™s still reading this thread; this motherboard works perfectly under HiveOS;

• Upgrade BIOS!
    More than 4 Graphics cards:
  • Needs to be in UEFI mode.
  • Needs to be in Mining mode.
  • Set first graphics card to Intel IGD not PEG.
    Optionally:
  • Disable the sound card resources.
  • Disable the serial port resources.
  • Set startup power to last state.

Happy mining.

Anyone have 13 gpus running yet? My 13 GPU rig is built, just waiting for the motherboard to arrive. All 3060Tis and 3070s.

FWIW I made it to 8 cards no problem. Itā€™s been running like a champ with no issues. I just picked up cards 9 thru 13 from Best Buy today and whenever I add a 9th card, one of the others doesnā€™t work. Ie, on boot, the LED on the MB next to the riser slot doesnā€™t light up. Tried moving the card around, different cards, etc. So far I canā€™t get more than 8 cards (8 white LEDs) to work. Iā€™m running the most recent firmware and all settings are as @ikledude described. Power supplies have plenty of overhead left. 565W and 750W being pulled from a pair of 1200W server power supplies.

disregard, after some playing around iā€™m up to 12 cards. no idea what was wrong, but itā€™s working now. no way iā€™m getting a 13th card in the actual PCIe slot itself, iā€™ll need to look into some sort of full length riser kit.

1 Like

Hey! Are you running it from the flash drive, or off an SSD?

So even though UEFI was enabled, you were able to boot HiveOS properly?

Are you running it from an SSD or a USB flash drive?

[rawbar]

Iā€™m running it off a USB. sorry i dont get notified of posts here for some reason.

Got the same problem. It runs OK with 12 cards with the ā€˜ikedudeā€™ settings, but when I add 13th the bios notify with ā€˜PCI out of resourceā€™ message. It works if I just ignore it, but that will be a problem if I donā€™t have an access to the bios, cuz it will never boot. I tried to add 1 more power supply, but it didnā€™t change anything.

Sorry I wasnā€™t getting any alerts for this thread; Iā€™ve only gone up to 10 cards on each board, and not ever used the 16x PCIe slot - Ignored the manual order due to cable lengths.
I would imagine to get the 13th card in would be to disable the onboard IDG and use the main card initially, then itā€™s on to ā€˜headlessā€™ mode via the web page completely post the UEFI-BIOS screen.
please report back :face_with_monocle:

Tried to disable the onboard IDG but system doesnā€™t run in headless mode. Using the main card works only when the plugged cards are <=6. The 3 LED indicator is up which means ā€˜Indicates GPU is not detected or failā€™. On the first boot with <=6 cards it says ā€˜There is no GOP support detected in this cardā€™ and ask me to enter the bios settings or reset the settings and continue.

No worries. I did get paranoid enough that I decided to go with another mobo.

Just to throw it out there I wonder if the 13th card (or all 13) will only work with mining specific GPUā€™s.