More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

How much RAM I really need for eth mining with 19 GPUs ? (5700 XT 8GB)

Didi you feed both molex power inlets in motherboard ?

nope. if i do, it won’t even boot. Is that really necessary when the cards are powered?

I plugged in the molex and it boots now, but the white slots are still dead.

You have to connect both power inlets. Otherwise there will be not enough power to run all 13 PCIE slots.

• First, Reset BIOS by removing BIOS battery (wait at least 30 seconfs)
  • connect just one GPU to the x16 slot (longest one). Power up (push buttom on motherboard) and enter BIOS. Modify the values in BIOS as written below:
    OC Tweaker\Voltage Conf:
    PCH VoH: 1200 mV
    VCCIO: 1200 mV

Advanced\Chipset Conf:
Above 4GB mmio: Enabled
VT-d: Disabled
All PCIE link speeds: Gen2
All ASPM Supports: Disabled
IOAPIC 24-119: Enabled
IGPU: Enabled
HD Audio: Disbaled
Reset Power Loss: power ON

For LINUX:
-Insert your HiveOS install USB (ıf you use 5700 XT you have use BETA versions (HivesOS: 5.6.0-200909-hiveos-beta). Other versions does not work!

-Save and exit BIOS
-When HiveOS install finished, it will power off automatically

• Power on again and run your rig with only one GPU (you have to create and assign Flight Sheet)
  • If everything seems OK (1 GPU is mining etherium) now you can pass to stage for remaining 12 GPUs
  • Restart it and enter BIOS. In Boot section “Disable” CSM.
  • Save and exit. When rebooted, cut the power before boot. Now connect all GPUs to the remaining x1 slots (short ones). Check that all GPU’s risers sand power connections are provided and correct .
    Power on again and All 13 GPU should be recognized suddenly and work without any problem.

One important point!: If number of connected GPUs drop to below 10, CSM will be “Enabled” automatically and it will not boot. In this case you have to clear BIOS again by removing BIOS battery, wait 30 seconds and start everything from beginning.

If still white slots do not work, there should be another problem that I do not know. Contact to AsRock.

Thank you so much! I have done all this, still no luck. Broken Mobo?

You may have a bad motherboard or you just can’t see the video, try resetting the mobo with CMOS reset jumper or take out the battery. Then use either:

Option 1: use HDMI cable to the GPU that is connected to the PCIE x16 slot, the longest slot.

Option 2: use DVI-D cable to the motherboards integrated video.

If it still doesn’t work then the mobo is dead

I never had issues with the white ports

it worked fine before, dunno what i am doing wrong. onboard graphics is working fine. Just cannot get more than 6 cards going.

Did you OC the cards in HiveOS? So it doesn’t boot after 6 GPU? Maybe you are not powering them correctly. I use at least 900W for 6GPU with OC, you can’t power 6 GPU if they are not OC to reduce the power. So you need two PSU for 6 GPU if you haven’t reduced the power.

There is a specific PCIE order if you OC.

But what’s your hashrate?

Hello, what slots are you using for 14 GPUs?
No problems with card recognition on reboots?
Here 14 GPU mix rig (RX588 / 5700XT) and works very well with 12. With 14 I have problems.

1 Like

You can mine with 14 the most not in hive in hive is 12 you need mining cards for the other 6

I have 13 RTX 2060 working and mining on stock oc settings.

Problem is I can run and overclock 11 GPUs, however after adding 12th GPU I lose half of the overclocks and once I add the 13th - I cannot overclock any of them anymore and they just run on stock oc.

Tried different bios settings, different x1 slots, adding one by one, connecting 2x pcie power cables to motherboard and sata power cable, different miners, different nvidia drivers, different hiveos versions
 nothing helps

Anyone experience not being able to overclock gpus after adding 12th and 13th? Can someone point me to the roght direction?