More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Mining ERGO with Vega 56 & 64

i see, thanks for the reply. yeah, maybe ill do half of ergo and eth while it’s still mineable.

I also use CoinEx. I recently started converting ERG > USDT and send it to Binance for 1 USDT txn fee via Binance Smart Chain. Sending it to a regular USDT wallet cost 5 USDT.

2 Likes

I got another Vega, this time a vanilla Sapphire Vega 64 blow style, with samsung chips. The default Sapphire Vega 64 bios was trash, I went from 148 to 177 Mhs with just a bios flash to Vega 56. I’m so glad to finally break 200 Mhs.

The Arez Strix samsung did not benefit at all from mem clock.

The ROG Strix hynix at 1400 core didn’t get much benefit from mem clock. But at 1440 core it would start to see increases from mem clock. Or maybe it was because I bumped VDDC from 875 to 900?

hey Silver. iv been tuning my 5xx cards for ERG. Whats the latest on vega s with Ergo, have u found any good improvements since we last compared results.? Im running my 580-90 rig with ERG and my small 570 test rig allso… so i have 5xx Settings good enought for post eth… still need to adjust my oc template for vega rig, so if u have some good pointers for that, i would apreciate all tips. thanks ! btw… A bit ot… sorry… looks like rx570 strix performs better than PowerColor 590 with micron with ERG… can u imagine! Cant find any way to top 570 with that 590…:sweat_smile: xfx 590 micron is great shy -73mh. good card.

I bought a new rig yesterday but the setup has some heat issues so I have had to turn several of those cards way down, still struggling with temps on the new rig but for low power settings I’ve been liking 1275 / 818 / 847 for 175 Mh

2 Likes

nice.so a bit lower than the max that we were after
… good, Im looking to setup so that its a good compromise between performance and stability… maybe leaning more to stability… its been quite a struggle to keep rigs temps down, we have had allso like cloce to 30c, room with mining rigs was 35c…i had to get a new fan, moving out that hot air 350m3 /hour… not super efficient, but quiet and suits to the room i use, its our living area anyways :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Got rid of several degs, well… after summer we can really turn those clocks up! thanks for sharing, will use these as reference to my template.

At first I use yoroi, but now I use gate.io, much easier to cash out

Hi
Do you use same timings for your Vega 64 with 56bios?

And did somebody tried RadeonVII with ETH timings and ETH overclock settings for Ergo?

yes. Cant say about Radeon VII

for the 64s flashed to 56 I had to change RC from 36 to 37. My 64s throw invalids with RC 36 on ERG.

Yeah, I’ve been struggling with temps too. It’s summer here and all my cards are churning out some serious heat hahaha

I was on the 1225/837/847 mode and tried the 1275/818 on the VDD but as you can see from the shell ss, my VDD won’t go lower than 837. Don’t know how to force it to go lower through the settings.

Ive bumped core to 1300 on that setting with no impact to temps, my only thought would be to try 825 vdd and see if that works. Looking through some settings it looks like the one at 825 actually has lowest wattage.

1 Like

You have to set SocMhz lower to reduce power usage further, but it needs to be above MemMhz. For me I have to set Soc to 860 and it will show 850 in TRM.

2 Likes

sweet thanks! it only helped on the card I was trying to run at 818 but that one can run at 800 now, 7 less watts, about the same hash

1 Like

hey bud, have you found the best overclock?
Wattage/Temp and hash wise?

I could get the vega 64 flashed with 56 up to 197-202.
But my temps are 10-15 degrees higher compared when i was mining eth.

I couldn’t seem to get a good balance.

I was thinking making core up to 1350 and wattage at somewhere 850-870 hopefully it stays stable.

Anyone? Who had found the most efficient oc with temps being in checked.
I go nuts when i see my gpu going beyond 65C, i just want to max my fan at 80% at most. 90% seems like i’m gonna damage it sooner, but ive read reviews that even fans are run at 100% they are still good.
Worst case is you just have to find a fan replacement.

for the 56 I like the settings for 2 & 3 here, and I put the 64s at the setting for GPU 4, but currently doing thermals on a card I thought was a 64, so had running 1360/880 and its actually a 56, so works for either. Seems like the 64s need 40 more on core for same hashrate roughly speaking.

4 Likes

Big thank you to @ss-silver for all the hard work and dedication to these topics:
These are all Sapphire Nitro+ RX Vega 64’s flashed to 56’s.
167~ MH during the build all the way to 188~ MH

amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 37 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12

I can increase to 195 MH stable with Core 1400, VDD 900, MEM 960. but the power per card goes to 145~ W, and 5°C hotter.

3 Likes

Dang 8 Nitro+ Vega 64 that’s a sick rig!
On one of my better 64s I can get vdd down to 825 on that setting, so not sure if the Nitro + need more vdd, like my Rog Strix, but might be able to drop vdd to 825 or 837.

@ss-silver please help me? I entered your memtweak but it didn’t work. I get an error on foto.

My vega 56 is working as in foto without memtweak