More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Msg issuing pre-check failed and smu may be not in the right state

When you say reset bios by removing battery, I just want to confirm that means reset motherboard bios.

Yes. Pull the Mobo battery for a minute or two.

I tried this and it didn’t help. I tried replacing risers and still had the issue. Just out of curiosity, I pulled the card in question and the problem persisted. I started pulling other cards one by one and the issue persisted. It was always the first GPU that was in my PCI-E tree that was throwing the error. I had this problem on two of my rigs. What I ended up doing was saving my OC settings as an OC Template, removing the miner from my farm, wiped my SSD and started it back up with a clean USB Flash Drive of hive with farm hash and same rig name. Once it started on first boot, issue was gone. Then I just applied the OC Template to the rig and was backup up and running in 5min. Worked on both of them.

My guess is the Powerplay table that is saved got corrupt. Next time it happens I’ll try to delete just the PPT file and see if that fixes the issue.

Hope this saves others some time from banging their head up against a wall like I was.

Had same issue with 6600XTs raised the VDDCI from 625 back to 720 and the issues was eliminated. Thanks for posting this info!

1 Like

How do you solve the problem? thanks!

In my case, it was USB KEY, I tried all the above.
I switched to installing hiveos on SSD and so far system is stable, original OC settings were used.

I recommend to elimate each potential problem:

1. never use USB key to mine in production
  2. ensure OC settings are not too aggressive
  3. ensure PSU is sufficient (e.g 1000W to 1500W PSU)
  4. distribute your power draw evenly by using dual PSU (buy a watt measuring tool, they are cheap)