More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Radeon VII - ETH Hash Rate of 100+MH/s - How to Guide Using TeamRedMiner

You can.

It will require you to have a specific plan on miner choices, specific limiters in advanced miner configs per – “GPU”, etc.

For me, it is not worth the effort of maintaining through OS, Miner, environmental adjustments, etc.

i configured the flight sheet for the radeon but i can’t get it to go at 100mh.
I followed the guide of redpanda (Enabled the 10bit and changed the timings), but I don’t reach 100mh

the only doubt i have, is in the timing string where i may not have guessed id gpu which should be 6 or 0?

this is my card

Is it running 90-91? It looks like the “10 bit” was enabled.

Mixed rig GPU id’s are tough. Does the miner present a full list that maps to your expectations? Where are you getting “6”?

is this the GPU ID?

it’s running at 85mh

Not sure if the mixed rig counts are in play for amd tweaks. My mixed amd only rigs with RX4/5s, 6800s, and VIIs did not count the internals and began with 0, 1, etc.

Have you tried 0 or 1 yet since there is only 1 AMD card in the list?

I have not tried this with mixed rigs, only in AMD only rigs :safety_vest:

hello nice to meet you @Fribbes
I got 10bit block size now. but i watch hive shell. its still use b mobe
can you help me ? :frowning:

i have the same problem !

Hello everybody. Little question here, before experimenting :smiley: How does enabling C-mode for Radeon VII affects my other cards in rig? Changing grub file, and block size to 10? I have some Vega 64/Vega 56 and RX 580 combined with R VII…

Currently they are :
Core : 1740,
Core Voltage 931,
and Memory : 1100, with 93.5 mhs, and 185 w in Hiveos.

Cheers

Did not exhibit noticeable effect on my 6800’s or 4/5xx in the same rig. I have no experience with Vegas.

just bought my self a Radeon Vii, What a card ! althought it is used, still performing so good. Kicking 95.36 Mh/s on C mode, but its on a Nvidia mix rig. I am still happy with the results. Soon i will do a special rig for the Radeon with 2 x 5700xt and that will be my only AMD rig. This result is very good as the rtx 3080 non lhr his similar with higher WATTS, and its now very very very expensive. This rear card radeon Vii is a good gem surely hurt lots of bad stories about this card. BY the way who ever doing the C mode, make sure the command line you put your own " . Otherwise it doesnt work. And finaly i am thinking if this radeon on a motherboard alone, it will hit to the over 100 mh/s numbers surely . didnt tried it yet. but i can see people here getting good results. Bricking cards ? you will brick your card if your temps are too high and you forcing the card too much so be carefull with that. now on that rig i put radeon Vii makes all the rtx 3070 founder editions look like dick. as they are the same price !

fwiw: Stable 100MH/s on air cooling has been the limit for mine. 94-98 is more common in my rigs with the correct amdmemtweaks applied.

after a few hours i started to get invalid shares. untill i do a AMd rig which is only Amd i am going to stay away from C mode, i think.

This one gives me (1) invalid a day, I ignore them at that rate as they tend to be from overclocks:

Try set vdd to 900

How do you get a radeon vii to mine in c-mode on a mixed rig? Teamredminer can’t be used as a mining client with NVIDIA so…? Am I missing something?

Configure (2) miners in your flight sheet. Note: name the workers so the poolside can keep track of the whole rigs effort knowing it will look like (2) different workers.

Image 12-3-21 at 6.38 PM

Thanks. Makes sense. How do I assign the one AMD card in the rig to this miner? Not seeing how to easily accomplish this. Appreciate it! Merry Christmas!

is it adding -amd in the config like so?

I must be missing something:

Your GPU counts will be off in the Miner configurations, because T-Rex and AMD will ignore the unsupported GPUs. Nice thing about this combination of miners, you do not need to specify the GPUs for them to mine. Try removing the User Config entries.

Note: My flight sheet example does not show such entries.

You may want this in the overclocking for your VII/Hynix Mem: