More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RTX 3060 Model 2504 (aka LHR v2) HiveOS Hashrate Limit's

This is a facepalm moment. This is your incorrect assumption:

And you came to this assumption because you use similar OC settings for the two algos.

You can use the same OCs because the algos are similar, but you misunderstood this to mean the algos are similar because you can use the same OCs.

Ofcourse, you think OCs that are different by a few 100 Mhz resulting in a few percentage points difference in hashrate consitutes a large difference, so it makes sense that you are nitpicking.

It is clear we cannot learn from each other, so let’s stop trying.

2 Likes

I just got a 2504 version over the weekend

In windows, I can get it to 110MH for a while, but it will drop to around 70 MH within 10 minutes

In hiveOS, with nvidia driver 465.31, I can get it to stable at 102MH. I can’t get it any higher. HDMI dummy plug does not help. I did not test riser set up. I installed it on a pcie-x16 ribbon.

sorry about posting in 3 replies. I am a new user and can only post 1 image/reply

1 Like

I’ve been able to get it to 116 Mh/s on windows but sometimes I also experience the drop to the 60s-80s I can’t figure out what causes it.

one day it will run at 115 no problem another it will just crap out and give me 60-80 after some time

I have it on a x1 riser right now but I also had the same experience on a PCI-E slot on the mobo

In windows, I am experiencing the similar MH drop. I am getting 106 stable in HiveOS now.

1 Like

I don’t think the community has figured anything out yet for rev 2 model 2504 sadly

3 Likes

@Slxxpy given up after days on a LHR V2 - Settled with 107.5 MH/s with 88w reported. Anyone manage to see better efficiency/hash on ERG?

Hi,
Is someone tryied to change BIOS form v2 to v1? I thing that prices goes down that is why I didn’t buy 3060 yer. Maybe someone tried this experiment. IMO it will be the simplest way to unblock the card.

Hello all, this is my first post. We jointly came to the result in Ergo mining, as per the attached image. The hashrate has not been limited for two days since finding this setting.

The latest and greatest HiveOS and Nvidia drivers (465.31). Card is this one

lspci |grep -i 3060                                                                                                                        
0c:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA GA106 [GeForce RTX 3060 Lite Hash Rate] (rev a1)

Note the relative clock setting. When we set main clock absolute value, the limiter (or some other mechanism) kicks in and reduces the hashrate to 60 odd MH quickly.

EDIT we use regular x1 riser and no dummy monitor plug, the HDMI & displayport sockets are empty.

2 Likes

Very nice finding. I am able to copy your result inistially. We have almost the same card, except the Vbios is a little different

but the hashrate seem to be not very stable,

and it settled to 113.4, which is not bad. But let me see if there is anything I can do.

Good hash but… 122w opposed to 88w for 107.5 MH/s that’s a lot of power for 34w for 7 MH/s not sure that’s worth it - depends on efficiency goals perhaps

True. However we shared because it is weird. Why relative clock value works different than absolute clock value. We were thinking that it may be connected with core boost. Miner would set fixed clock, gamer would prefer the boost. Just a thought.

Will post results when I improve but in all honesty leaving as ‘stock’ or moving it to another algo

LHR V2 will hopefully be cheaper on the market… the V1 LHR’s may demand a premium - time will tell - Searching for older 3060’s to avoid this personally :slight_smile:

1 Like

I modified your numbers slightly and got a few more MH. For my card, -490 core seem to be the magic number. Your finding helped tremendously.

I am getting 115 MH at CC -290 MC +1300 PL 65%(110W) on windows. Developer driver 470.76.

Your exact setting gave us 96MH. However Power Limit reduction to 122W while keeping Core -490 and Memory clock 2700 gave 116.7MH. Thank you.

Great direction, we got 118.3MH settings: Core -290, Mem:2700, power limit 110. Much less power needed.

I will post screen dump when the result perists. Over time it gets down, lets wait.

Guys, don’t get in the trip of LHR limiting the Autolykos algo. This is the wrong way to go. Even nvidia says that the new LHR mechanism affects only Ethash.
I have a 3060 non-LHR and ERGO mining has been quite an adventure in finding the optimal settings. I would too get the odd drop to 60-70MH/s, even with my v1 non-LHR 3060.
The Autolykos algo is quite different than what we are all used to (Ethash), so it needs some more experiments to find the best settings that make the card respond best and give the most MH/s.
Keep fiddling with it! I am sure you can reach 120MH/s (depending on silicon lottery ofc).
Also, don’t be afraid to go above 2700 mem. Autolykos allows higher mem clocks, you can do 2800 easily!

What happens on 2800Mhz clock is the miner starts and shows indeed 119.5MH, but then in 30sec. or so it drops to 62-75MH. You say it is present in the former version, so there seems to be no limiter for Autolykos 2. Other algos apart from Ethash are unaffected.