More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RTX 3070 ti not recognized in HiveOS or nvidia-settings

open another tab? how u open a tab while the hiveos is web base?

Hi @sentlon, by the look of your post and your questions, you need to update your NVIDIA drivers on the HiveOS rig. To do this, you will need to connect to the rig. You can do this via SSH or via VNC. VNC is easy to do. You will download a VNC viewer. there are many. You will then connect to the rig by pointing the VNC viewer at the IP address of the rig (be connected to the same network for this to work, like if the rig is on your wireless, your computer should be connected to that network too). The default VNC password is ā€œ1ā€.

Once you are in, and you see the OS screen terminal with your miner, you need to open another tab so you can enter commands.

Now you can enter the following command:
nvidia-driver-update

The system will go through and update the driver for NVIDIA, and you will then have thee ability to use your 3070ti.

This needs to happen so you can use the card. The reason for this is that HiveOS does not come with the most up-to-date NVIDIA drives. You must call that upgrade script in order for it to work like I needed to for my 3070ti to function.

As for your second question, what I mean by another tab is when you are connected via VNC to your rig, you need to open a new terminal tab by clicking the plus button on the terminal window. See the screenshot below. The red arrow is pointing to what I mean:

Also, that is my 3070ti in the screenshot mining RavenCoin, doing a respectable 40MH. I get that by the following overclock:

thanks for the helping and really good explanation and guide to do.
i will try now. i come back to u later once the 3070ti work.

Hello!

Iā€™m having some problems with my 3070 Tiā€¦ it starts mining at 40MH/s on RVN, just like yours, and a couple of minutes later it drops to 35MH/sā€¦

Iā€™ve tried a lot of different OC configs, miners and updated the driver version, but nothing worksā€¦

Iā€™ve noticed that the Core Clock goes all the way down to 1110Mhz, and the power usage to 230W, even using absolute core clock and no power limits.

Did you notice any problems like that while mining kawpow with your GPU?

If anyone could help me out, I would be very appreciated!

@extremouz what are your OC settings? Also, what exact card is it? Mine shown is the Asus ROG Strix version.

I am using nbminer with https://ravencoin.flypool.org/

I do notice that if you get the settings too far out of whack, I will actually lose the rig and cause it to reboot. You may want to go lower on the core, I usually lower by 100 and check, lower, check. Same with overclocking, I go up 100, check. See how much MH I can get out with the lowest amount of wattage. Getting it down to 230W was a challenge. I can get it to 220W but I lose 5 MH or more.
Once core is dialed I will do mem. Then I do PL (wattage) to try and lower the wattage as much as I can. Thing is, RVN mining takes moe wattage than ETH mining, so once I see the MH start to drop, I know how low I have to stop. I usually go down by 10W, chweck, etc etc. In the screenshot you see I use 2900 for memā€¦well if I stretch it to 1400 cpre and ;like 3100 memā€¦I lose the GPUs and the entire rig reboots.

With all cards, you really have to dial them in, depending on build, hell depending on which memory you have. OC dialing is just what we have to do when underclocking/overclocking.

i not able to use VNC to connect however using the hive shell can goto the update. but it still not working

it have show the card ID in the system however it is not function.

You do have Nvidia version 465.31, which is what I am running now. Well, it is not the drivers then.

What do the miner logs look like. When you VNC into the machine, what is the miner saying is wrong?

If you look at my original comment, mine was saying ā€œUnable to enum CUDA GPUā€. We need to see what yours is saying is the problem.

Also, I see this is your first nvidia device with a bunch of AMD cards. You need to make sure you have use a miner program that can handle both. If you are running a miner that can only use AMD cards, it will never be able to use your 3070ti.

When you go to your flight sheet, on the miner section, make sure you choose one that has AMD and NVIDIA showing. They all have AMD, NVIDIA, or both next to the name of the miner.

I like nbminer, it does both. Try some different miners, and take some screenshots of the VNC screen to show what the error is so we can figure it out.

I recently bought RTX 3070 TI FE, the black ones, the problem is that you donā€™t recognize the hives? Has anyone encountered this problem before? How did he solve it?

I solved this by putting the specific Nvidia driver onto the rig. 465.31
Here is mine

My problem Is when rig is with 4 x 3070ti it works perfectly but when I add 2 cards to have 6 cards it can not start to mine .It shows n/a state for a couple minutes and than crashā€¦over and over

Iā€™ve made drivers update already
Please help meā€¦
Power supply is : 2 x 850watt so I think enough

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.