More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Rx 5700 xt - 58.4MH/s 95w

The HiveOS power value is very inaccurate. I found up to 40W difference between actual power used by the system and the HiveOS. You can’t tune the rig with these numbers.

Try Red Team miner to try to reduce the power. Again, get a wall power meter if you want to tune your rig.

i have try the TeamRedMiner but i get a lot of rejected shares for all of my cards and the other ones have only the mem strap 1500/1550 kopie/paste…

What is the latency to your nearest pool? What pool are you using?

I am running my Micron cards at Memory speed of 930 and I am getting around 57MH/s steady, with less than 1% stale shares on HiveON West US.

so i belive you drive bedder with only make the 1500MHz/1550MHz mem Straps Kopie/Paste … i have my test card now at 58MH/s but if you look on my screenshot the card with the bigger hash number hase the lowest share rate of all other … and the other cards only have the mem straps kopie paste …

What is the wattage off the wall?

Hey, hello everyone, I have achieved something like this !!!

6 Likes

Hi, can you please send me your BIOS ROM? thanks

I made some tests by myself with tREF value. I think it does not affect hashrate…I think it affects wattage and memory temps. I raised mine to 32000 and I saved about 3w and 2 degrees per card (that seems too big for tolerance). So I would answer b and c for the question “what´s higher tref value for?”

Tomorrow I think I test 64000 and check what happens…hiveos does not show any wattage difference…but it shows less memory temps of course. my rig actually is 0,402 mhash per watt out of the wall…think that´s ok for 2 x amd 5700 cards

1 Like

How did you achieve this result?

I followed this guide and have the exact same GPU. I did not adjust my tREF number and left it as stock.
All I did was modify the timing straps and tune in Hive.

my cards run with ± 55 mhash at 1330 core and 890 mem clock. I didnt push them to highest mhash, I choosed sweetspot for efficiency…I didnt want to waste 40 w per card for just 3 mhash gain…

I have Asus 5700 non-xt, thats not the same card…xt consumes more power

Gotcha - I’m quite happy with my Mh/W performance

Do you have any RX 5600s? I’m debating buying 6 (RX 5600 XT Thicc II PRO) - they’re on for a decent price. But I’m torn between waiting for supply for more RX 5700s

I dont own a 5600…but mhash / watt ratio seems to be equal…so I would buy one

Can u tell me how u can do it ?

I’m setting up a test rig now to check each card. I’ll report what I find.

Here’s a stock MSI 5700XT Mech OC. Consumption listed in the figure is what it’s getting at the wall with no monitor using the latest phoenixminer.

I just added 2 new 5700 cards and wanted to show the difference between stock bios and modded bios…overclocking settings are equal, just bios settings are different:

So I suggest to read AlleyCat´s thread on igor´s forum and make bios file for your 5700 cards. Difference is very huge, temps are lower…

2 Likes

hi guys, i ve found also this guide. if somebody is interested https://voskcointalk.com/t/rx-5700-bios-modding-guide/5063

Can somebody help me with my cards? i am doing 48 with the stock bios and i afraid to brick the board

Did you try bios modding the MSI 5700 xt Mech OC and what is the results after bios modding?

Yes, I tried two different mods. First with only the memory timings updated and the second with the 5700 Non XT bios and tRef settings as listed in the OP.

5700XT rom with updated memory timings (1550 copied to everything higher)

5700 Non XT rom with tREFs updated