More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RX6800 - Efficient Overclocking

How to set core state ? i don’t find this parameter.

In newer version the core state is gone but you can search popular presets with a DPM value then adjust your numbers accordingly.

Found it, many thanks :slight_smile:

Any idea how i could lower the watt (undervolt) ? I’ve found this settings higher in this discussion but i do not get the same watt consumed, he was around 130w.

This is my setting 62MHz

what’s your room temperature ? here i have a nice 28°C ^^

works great, thanks :slight_smile:

:grinning:

temp here is 29C

It is not possible with HiveOS. The software readings are completely off anyway. Yours seems to be close to real power consumption. If HiveOS reports 105 or 125 or 165 for a RX 6800, they all consume about 160-170 watts at the wall. HiveOS has a stupid bug which does not allow undervolting below 781mv (check the miner in console). I’m using MMPOS for my RX 6800 rig now which runs the cards at 125-130 watt at the wall because you can actually undervolt the core. Not only does this save a lot of power, it also helps with heat in summer.

See this topic here:

how did you achieved those hashing numbers?
did you do the freuqency thing for amd where you change something in the bios of the crds ?

i run to 62.23 mh 133 - 135W stable

phoenix miner?

How do you change the DPM setting ?? i cannot see it in my overclock settings ??

hello,

i have the same configuration but , i’m blocked at 57 MH :frowning:

Stock bios and my overclock settings .

In “Popular presets” find one with a DPM setting you need then edit the other parameters as you like

These are pretty good. XFX looks like the best brand right now out of all the other RX 6800’s out there.

Yeah but hella expensive. 3070 is close and cheaper tho

My 6800 cannot get above 53mhz no matter what OC did i used, im suspect that it is due to SoCMhz is a bit low here and i cant OC it either. Any thought? thank!

(GPU 0 and 1 are 6700xt, work perfectly fine)

you cant
if DPM show on screen
go to overclocking tab , then clear the oc settings
and then re-apply them