More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RX6800 - Efficient Overclocking

You are a lifesaver, i was lookin for this for months. 63,5Mh with NBMiner and Watt down to 130 from 165. thanx alotttttt u da best

hey, after changing some OC settings I can see now 62.99mh/s without any tweak but still same power consume, maybe can you shared the specs of your OC settings here ?

here is the settings that i could reduce power usage without lose considerable hashrate

RX 6800 eth: cclock 1350, core mv 650, mcontroller mv 750, mclock 1070, mem mv 1250, soc freq 850mhz, soc vddmax 800mv = 62.85 mh/s @ 107w gminer [E:580 kH/W] → BEST efficiency

2 Likes

oh ! great thx !
this parameter work fine, i just do change core mv to 680
https://i.imgur.com/1zw5nZE.png

(i using nbminer)

1 Like

GMiner reports 63+ MHs for 6800 but on the pool side it has less shares than TeamRedMiner at 62 MHs.

3 Likes

This is what i get with TBM on miner side, i use for all cards the same OC settings. The non XT versions are consuming more power. I have to optimize the OC to get them down.

3 Likes

how about pool side?

For me to much stale shares, i switched back to gminer

1 Like

Work the 6800 XT stable with these settings?

Sorry for the late answers; I was on holidays and one of my rules to get a vacation without stress is to turn of the rigs while I’m gone !

I’ve shared them, just scroll up a bit more.

No, GMiner; I had increased all VDD, VDDCI and MVDD by 25ish and then lowered them 5 by 5 until unstable again at around 62MH/s.

2 Likes

Yes, i have 7 6800 XT and 2 6800 all with Samsung memory.

1 Like

I can´t get more than 62,xx mh/s with this settings on my MSI 6800 XT, so I switched back to my settings.

I can get my MSI 6800 to go to 92w and 62.8Mh but I have 3 Asus tuf gaming Rx 6800 that with the same settings they just fail.

Does anyone have the same cards and fixed the issue?

My settings are 1350 Core clock
650 VDD /750 VDDCI/1250 MVDD
1070 memory clock

Still at 110W :confused:
I’m missing something ?
Thanks!

Hey there!

Try my settings from above! They seem to work on most cards!

Are you measuring the power at the wall? You’ll find the values posted quite a bit off in nearly all cases and can only be used for guidance. Fan speed adds a bit of power consumption too, so board design matters. Silicon lottery matters.

Here is a mix of my lowest to highest to keep them stable at 62MHs in TRM:

1 Like

did you change anything on soc freq or soc vddmax ?

You could try to add SoC VDDMax @ 850 or 830

I though every card could be under 100. my bad . u right I forgot the silicon lottery :slight_smile:

Best I have:

soc vdd max set to 920

3 Likes