More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RX6800 - Efficient Overclocking

You can change it in the Farm->Overclocking Tab. Default state is 5, min = 1, max = 7 (this is from tooltip). And there is no reason to change those settings for rx6800 as far as i know.

I am not sure what I´m doing wrong with my rx6800 series

Why do you set MVDD to 800? That probably ruins your hashrate

It seems like it doesnt matter what I set the maximum I get is 52 Mh/s and this is worse than my rx5700 with 54Mh/s

Okay when I run my Rx 6800 alone without my rx5700 it`s hashrate increases to 57Mh/s

I just wanted to say that this whole discussion has been very informative for getting my cards to at least 61/62 MH/s for my 6 x RX 6800 XT cards. I figured out that power was my issue when trying to configure them. It seemed like when you change a GPU overclock that it affects all the GPUs. After about 2 hours of straight tinkering with settings I was able to get 373 MH/s for my rig. I’m satisfied for the time being with my settings. It has since dropped down to 372 MH/s, which is still good. This is with TeamRedMiner. Here are my settings:

My power supply is the Delta 2400W Server PSU from Parallel Miner with 2 breakout boards on a 20 amp 240v circuit.

I just set up a new rig with some Sapphire Pulse 6800s but for some reason my HiveOS isn’t recognizing them. I’m getting “Error matching card number in /sys/class/drm/card*/device/pp_tables”. Any ideas what I’m doing wrong? Here’s a screenshot if it helps…

Old version of the hiveos, try the stable one.

I’m using this one in the image bellow, same GPU as you

2 Likes

lower core than you but more W ? oO :frowning:

I’m using phoenix. maybe because of that? no choice of miner since I use 2 NVIDIA card on the same rig

1 Like

Hi folks, here is the update : I have now 2 rigs 6x rx6800 Sapphire cards. One of them is an 6800XT, sent by mestake instead of a regular 6800 by ebay seller :wink:

Phoenixminer does not work at all by now, not one single version with these cards. But guess what, Gminer is doing awesome job, better hashrate, far more stable then phoenixminer. I am very happy with it.
One single downside though : Gminer eats up slowly my free ram. No idea why. After miner reset, the free ram resets also. I happens only on the 6800 rigs, the NVIDIA has not this issue.
Gminer developers : please make junction temp display happen! Thank you!

Hi there! I’m new into mining and started with 6800 cards. I’m getting a solid 63.30 - 64.00 MH/s with a power consumption of about 113-114W (tested with different miners).

Thanks man help me a lot!

1 Like

Dont you have any issues with the 650mV core? I got it to 700mV at ~120W

I’ve no problems with 650mV core. The cards are running stable. image

1 Like

do they last at least a couple of weeks without a restart?

Has anyone come up with any decent settings for the ASROCK RX 6800 yet?

I have two of them on the system, 1 does 58.8mh/s (161w) and the other 58 (157w) with exactly the same settings.

No clear reason why at least to me. I have tried other settings as well but these have been the more stable ones.

Compared to the powercolor rx 6800 on the same rig that does 63.17mh/s at 123w, this is rubbish.

try updating the vbios, I had around 10% difference in windows.

Updated the VBIOS with the one from techpowerup (ASROCK cards 6800) and the mh/s remained the same but power usage went down 40w per card. So partial win :slight_smile: Now someone with good settings please!

Anyone tried mining DBIX with these cards. using phoenixminer 5.6d both my 6800’s actually boot for one thing, and run around 64mh/s in hiveos. All my Nvidia cards run slightly lower on DBIX though. Very interesting why the 6800’s run so much better on this coin, any thoughts?