More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Team red miner error GPU 2: detected DEAD (07:00.0), will execute restart script watchdog.sh

I have had nothing but problems using Team Red Miner for my RX580 rig. Rig would keep crashing on random cards, I also had a couple of times where the miner would detect that a GPU was dead but it was not and it was hashing just fine. This would trigger a complete rig reboot.

I have since moved to Phoenix and my rig has been stable for over 48 hours now without any issues.

Hello!

I have the error of the GPU Detected DEAD,

Could you share your setting of OC?

I have a 5700XT GIGABYTE OC rev 2

I think that the bios flash didnā€™t work

I rolled back with Trm and using older vers. 0.8.0 and that seems to be less headaches. if oc related, just lower your oc to ā€œbacicā€ level and start tuning up from cratchā€¦ For me it not oc issue, everything was working fine before coupple latest fix on minerā€¦ like advanced gpu detectionā€¦ i still cant run same oc than before but with trm 0.8.0 and a touch lower oc i manage keep mining. remember that it can be allso bad riser, so try to switch risers between gpus so u are sute they are fine. im waiting for new release from trm untillā€¦ im at. 0.8.0. I dont have any 5xxx cards. sorry

For me, it came down to the right OC. Tried a bunch of different combinations from the forums until i found the right one. I am pretty new and I just set up my rig. The cards I bought have custom BIOS. However, Iā€™m unable to optimize all my cards. I have two of the RX580 PowerColor on the same BIOS but I canā€™t apply the same OC to both. I keep getting the GPU detected dead error with Redminer. Any ideas why this is happening? Iā€™d like to reduce the power consumption on that card. The rest seems to be pretty stable since last night.

1 Like

im have been on latest TRM for while now. I belive that i ā€œsolvedā€ dead gpu issue by backing up ocĀ“s . I have now on 580Ā“s vdd at 846 mem 2140 and core 1170. It dosnĀ“t look like there is much difference in hash if mem is higherā€¦for stable setup i assume its average mem 2140/core1150/vdd84-850/dpm&mdpm1/ref30-50.
The difference in total hash is so small that stability outweight the high hash and constant issues. I have been running high/med/low ocĀ“c on most of 5xx cards and defo have came to conclusion that its more profitable to run stable, not too high oc, that results more accepted shares, your 24hrs average stays high, no stale shares. These are just my observations and do not apply to all rigs and cards, there is other factors hat affects how certain gpus are workingā€¦like what oyher gpus u have on the rigā€¦like more powerfull amd/mixed rig, changing one gpu oc allways affects to others or some other card on the setupā€¦then we can dive even deeper, how is power distripution, the psu power, risers-are they same gen,there is conflicts between lets say 006 vers 009 risers etc etc :sweat_smile: anyway, hope u get your rig sorted out, if nothing else dont helpā€¦reflash hive-delete your worker and start from clean slate, i have done that few times and everything have worked smoother after. good luck

Yeah, the more I try different things out, the more I realize several different factors come into play here. Iā€™ll try out these OC settings to see if I can get somewhere. Will report back on that.

which mem tweak did you use in the powercolor one ?
the powercolor one is the problematic in my rig

I have one running fine with the settings in my picture at REF 30. My other one has the same bios and everything but is causing issues with all the settings Iā€™ve tried.

i tried a new oc but i dont know if it will stay working, evreryday my rig restarts 1 time

And it happened again, restarted after one day and 3 hours.

1 Like

I tried those OC @zxxTheDragonxxz it was restarting every two hours roughly. It seems to perform better at 900 VDD. Running about 12 hours now. Letā€™s see what happens.

1 Like

ok,
keep me updated.

I am trying this settings right now @vip
did you succeed with your last oc?

@zxxTheDragonxxz It ran stable for about 18 hours then I get this new error ā€œAutofan: GPU temperature 511 is unreal, driver errorā€. I set the fan control at 80 and got the same GPU detected DEAD error. Iā€™m not sure if it was the fan this time though. Is yours stable at those numbers?

511 is often too high oc or bad riser

@vip i am testing
its running for about 5h50m

Thanks, @Smining570. I tried switching risers but theyā€™re still the same kind. Iā€™m thinking to get new ones and try that. Besides that, no OC seems to be working. The most Iā€™ve gotten is 6 hours before the restart and then it just keeps restarting.

I noticed your powercolour is also GPU0. Next ill try to swap out the card positions on the motherboard and see if that works.

just in case u dont know, get the lates vers risers 009s. Hope u get it back up stable.

#edit#Btw. im not familiar about those nvidia gpus requirements regarding autofan, but i stopped using autofan few months ago when i was getting 511 all the time, havet seen that error sinceā€¦

the problem is that mine will always be the 0 cause i dont have more amd gpus in my rig :confused: