More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

The new RX6600 (tested)

anyone else having issues with their fan speeds on 6600?
Msi 6600, sometimes on restart the fan won’t come on at all.
If I manually set fan it’ll turn on and temp will come down, but then I delete the setting back out and it’s like it defaults to 80% fan speed?
I’m not using autofan currently
Thanks!

I tried to change to change OC this way but my it became unstable :frowning:

Hey man, how has this been working out ever since applying the settings in your screenshot? Any crashes or otherwise? I’m also running a Sapphire 6600, but literally just added it 20 minutes ago with the following settings using the latest NBMiner/latest release (0.6-212@211125). No problems so far, but it seems like your settings may yield better economy and hashrate:

Hi

The setting I posted is able to start the miner after a rebooting. It’s not rock soild after days, I still have some reboots, but the rig can recover itself with watchdog. You may try my setting for a test.

I finally tweaked with (905 | 700/700/1100 | 950). This one is a solid setting for keeping running for days. If you don’t mind spend a bit more power it’s worth a try. The power is still less than (900 | 620/620/1100 | 950).

1 Like

Does anybody have Gigabyte Radeon RX 6600 Eagle?
With any setting I am at max 27.5MH / s or unstable.

Thank you! I’m giving your latest setting a go as I was running into issues with my card dropping offline and/or hashrate watchdog restarting the miner at least once a day. So far, so good and I’m even running at slightly lower power without losing hashrate.

@newwes This setting from @hyyz17200 seems to be working pretty well for me: 905 | 700/700/1100 | 950. Have you already tried it?

Unfortunately, it also causes GPU driver errors, no temps

@newwes Can you provide some background on your configuration? For example, what hardware are you using (power supply, additional cards, etc.). Also, which miner and version are you using?

PSU 2xRMX 1000W, riser ver 9S, 2x riser splitter/multiplier hub, power supply GPU orig. cables, additional power supply Molex.
Power consumption 1406W

Otherwise, everything is ok, just the 6600. But I can handle it for 42W :slight_smile:

Dude, I see you have a Samsung vram which is different than mine Hynix. Maybe that’s the reason? You may need to find out another setting fitting your version.

Exactly, reboot not quite often, so I think it’s acceptable.

I have another update is: it seems the stable voltage could vary for individual cards. Right now, I set 700/700 for my first card, and the rest is running at 670/670 stable too. If I use 670/670 for the first card, I cannot start mining again. So I think we can explore different voltages for each card’s stable limit.

I have 2 Radeon RX 6600 from Sapphire (Hynix GDDR6 · 113-2447LHS-UDG) and it’s quite a nightmare to make them run stable while the one from MSI runs at 38w/30mh rock stable.

I can’t make it to go under 49w/29Mh with the Sapphire ones and after a ton of reboots and crashes I found the only one stable setting possible:

Probably this card is not very stable in Hiveos or maybe just a crap Hynix memory, the MSI has Samsung and is fantastic

You are correct, 900mhz or crash, at least for Sapphire RX 6600 GPUs. Very different stability with MSI, I can run it at 940mhz @ 38W so I’ m tempted to flash Sapphire VBios with the same MSI parameters

TRM on 0.6-211@211107 (no reason for this particular verison of HiveOS…I just have not upgraded for a bit)

(it did take 8 hours of fiddling to get these OCs to work across all 4 cards, some of them will go a bit lower)

Try changing CORE to 901 and see if power consumption drops (it does for me and I do know why…worth a try).

thanks for the tip, I tried 901 but it becomes unstable no hashrate and power drops to 18w. As said it’s a issue of the Sapphire Radeon RX 6600 Pulse, my MSI is identical to yours and I can go 38w/30MHs super stable. From my undestanding memory is the problem, I can’t lower it under 1150 mV while the MSI is at 1100 mV.

I have the latest Hive OS, not sure it’s the GPU memory settings or a compatibility issue with the Sapphire

hey guys,i’m a new miner,don’t konw how to set my oc yet,i try a lot time and get many error……

Try these for a start…
base_oc_6600

1 Like

this unfortunately did not run stable on my vendor mixed rig… although my msi seemed to accepted the numbers better…