More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Update RX6800 February / 2021

Givo, just curious, what Mhs throughput are you getting with it?

Thank you very must

Im trying to get the alpha working, it’s a black screen after this

1 Like

6900XT does not work for me on image:

Memory on mainbord: DDR4 8GB

Depending on the card - they are between 56 and 60 MHs
 I’ve managed to run 4 cards per rig
 Once I add fifth card - driver goes crazy

I could’t get more than 58 and gives me reject on nicehash and phoenix

Phoenix miner don’t work on alpha image

Use NBminer or teamredminer

2 Likes

I still haven’t managed to get my RX6800 to work on the ALPHA HiveOS version 0.6-195 so I’m running my RX6800 here on Windows even to see how many MH/s this model can do and how many Whats it consumes for power.

I’ll wait to get out the BETA version of HiveOS and my new motherboard arrive to see if I can put my RX6800 to run, I’m more relieved because besides me a great friend and very expert in the subject of mining also could not make it work, so I’m not so dumb so rsrs 

I’ll leave here what is doing at that time my RX6800card on Windows mining by HIVEOS POOL.

what your settings @cristhianbini ?

@Bithunters mine its not the alpha image brow, its the special image from the developers

Friend @Bithunters if you have a special image that a developer passed could share?

I have already made modifications to the motherboard, upgraded to new versions on HiveOS and even Downgrade to the older version and my RX6800 card does not work on HiveOS.

I also tried with other similar cards, I have 3 new RX6800 cards that only mine on windows perfectly with 64.200MH / s but I want them to work on HiveOS.

I’m thinking it’s the video card’s BIOS, see the one on mine and the other one I found available on the website below:

I do not want to change the BIOS of these cards yet, but if a friend who managed to make your RX6800 card work can show you the version of your BIOS please, who knows by resolving this I can close this topic and take it as resolved!

1 Like

I’m using image from here, the Alpha version. You can check version in my screenshot :slight_smile:
From my observations, it appears that HIVEOS not recognize the GPU from the 6800 series on all motherboards
PCIE Gen 4 support may be a problem
On Esonic H81 BTC King MB works flawlessly.
You need at last 8GB RAM

I’ll get another more modern and current motherboard to test and I want to see if it’s a motherboard, it can only be that or a BIOS because we have the RX6800 working.

my current motherboard is this

1 Like

@cristhianbini unfortunately I was not able to make my 6800 work too, I am expecting the administrators to solve this mega problem, even acquire other ways of mining through windows but it is not even close to the control that hive offers them, I am quite frustrated with these problems, I would like mining, but I’m waiting for a solution.

1 Like

Qual o modelo da sua placa mĂŁe? E qual a versĂŁo da BIOS da sua placa de vĂ­deo?

@cristhianbini
Manufacturer Product SerialNumber Version
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC . B85-PRO GAMER 150239751801889 Rev 1.xx

SMBIOSBIOSVersion

I am doing a lot of testing, including on other systems. I did a quick test with SimpleMining which uses a newer version of Ubuntu if I’m not mistaken and the RX6800 recognized it easily. Perhaps in this next update of the HiveOS system or in the next ALPHA version we already have our RX6800 running more easily. I do not want to use another system I like HiveOS very much and wish this platform success.

1 Like

Opa legal, vlw pela dica, aguardo ansiosamente a solução do Hive OS tambĂ©m. @cristhianbini , deixa eu te fazer uma pergunta, vocĂȘ reparou que a placa 6800 da uma esquentada ? Ou foi sĂł impressĂŁo minha?

Ela esquenta mesmo, mas eu nĂŁo deixo passar dos 60C e coloquei uns coolers a mais pra ventilar e dissipar o calor. E olha que eu estou com trĂȘs uma bem ao lado da outra. Cuidado aĂ­ com essa temperatura alta fica de olho. :+1:!!

Olha como reconhece as trĂȘs e faz 175.000MHs

1 Like

Também usando o Windows por aqui enquanto minha RX 6800 não estå funcional com o HiveOS 

Por conta disso e para deixar minha rig totalmente operacional com o HiveOS até cogito a troca por uma RTX3070 (jå tenho outra dessa e gosto muito)

Interessado? Pessoal aqui do BR?

Amigos compartilho com vocĂȘs anuncio feito agora mesmo pelo desenvolvedor com uma nova versĂŁo disponĂ­vel

Friends share with you announcement made right now by the developer with a new version available for testing of those who are having problems with the RX6800.

Remember that it is a version of tests and the use is at the risk of each one!

Notice that there is a developer effort to fix and improve the system for everyone! :clap: :clap: :clap:

TiasJHoje Ă s 12:46
@everyone

I’ve uploaded the latest Big Navi beta which you can grab from here: https://we.tl/t-wfEngvoVNH (link expires a week from now - we’ll have it available via the normal routes by then, or I’ll extend it).

A couple of notes/changes since the previous alpha shared;

1. This beta is still intended for Big Navi support only.(no need to apply it if you’re not running these cards)

2. It supports mixed GPUs (both AMD & Nvidia).

3. The 8GB RAM requirement from the previous alpha is no longer valid. (This build works fine with 4GB too).

Let me know if there are any questions.

[email protected]

2 Likes