More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Update RX6800 February / 2021

@Avram_Seeligsohn
No news of stable version, but there is a beta available that has a 4GB requirement.

2 Likes

I have my 6800 working with the latest alpha and Teamredminer but just wondering what this temperature is on my 5600xt and if it’s considered to high? My normal temps are fine, I have circled it in red on the screenshot. 96c

Thanks

hello, good job !
I could simplify the process a little, in hiveos run
hive-replace -y --list

and choose the last beta for big navi :slight_smile:

however, it works but not completly (my card isn’t completly recognised) :

@BenE really is very high, what I have done here is to leave a HD with windows to have a better parameter, if something does not go well in HiveOS or vice versa I change from one system to the other to get a better idea.

Now if this plate is high in both systems I could believe that the problem is physical, maybe with the thermal paste or something!

@RogerBizz Friend what I have been doing is using a clean installation from the very beginning.

You could post some more screens with the system version, update and if you are really using the 8GB of memory on your motherboard as recommended!

So with this information I or anyone else can try to help you better!

1 Like

@cristhianbini of course, here it is :
I have 8 GB on the motherboard, but it’s using only 2 of them

@xnowblader Muitolegal your channel, won another subscriber!

Friends that follow this topic after an entry in our friend’s channel and see how much interesting content is there.

Take the opportunity to subscribe too, he is always posting updated content, follow and link below!

@RogerBizz Did you test this card in another system like windows to see if it is really good?

Another thing if I’m not mistaken this version of HiveOS is not yet accepting simultaneous mixed platforms, correct me if you’re talking nonsense but I remember reading this!

Unless a correction has already been made for this and I am not aware because I follow the Discord very little, which is where news and updates are published most quickly!

Although I use little I recommend to anyone who is interested in signing up there and following live the various debates that take place there daily!

Thanks Cristian for being so responsive :wink:

ok, it’s the beat version from 03/03/2021, that you can see when asking for it : “hive-replace --list”, don’t be afraid, just hit ctrl/c and you don’t change anything to your system.

here is what I find on the repository : [email protected]

and it supports mixed rig which is a very good news.

I think It’s just my card which is not in the database yet (Gygabyte RX 6800 Gaming OC 16G)

another bug for the developpers :

1 Like

hi, you’re on windows or linux?

Its hiveOS

Doesn’t work for me using hive os image posted above by the dev. New flash, 8GB RAM. Cards recognised, but miner will not start with teamread or anything else. Back to windows again. May be as it’s an 8 card 6800 rig and not just one or two cards. Been waiting ages for this, realy thought we cracked it!

hello…
so… i have notice that in the hiveos download/instal page , now have this option, i’m using the alpha version, NBminer ,with minor problems [ hiveos not show the hashrate in some moments but in the pool appears normally ]

i will try this one and furthermore show my opnions again.

1 Like

Amazing how I use this same OC configuration and it doesn’t even come close to that.

Would it be too much to ask that you share the complete OC window with all the data, or did you just put those two data even 1350/1075?

Those 63MHs would be perfect for me if I got there, but I’m not more than 60MHs or 61MHs.

Hi, yes, its only two parameters

1 Like

It must be because yours is from the PowerColor brand, thank you very much friend!

Amigos. Também utilizo HiveOS e tenho uma RX6800XT com o mesmo problema.

Fico no aguardo assim junto com todos aqui por uma dica ou solução. Obrigado a todos.

Dirceu / Brasil

Confirm that this is your Linux kernel 5.4.99 because it has support and fixes for these AMD cards!

What is the problem with my rx6800?