More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Valid shares suddenly drop

Same here just behind you on 0.083 Eth @ 44MHs

I guess itā€™s 0.1 then out.

1 Like

all was fine the last 2 weeks. then suddenly i had two drops. one on the 21.09. and the next on 24.09.
What should one do now?

@vierklee [quote=ā€œvierklee, post:23, topic:51960, full:trueā€]
all was fine the last 2 weeks. then suddenly i had two drops. one on the 21.09. and the next on 24.09.
What should one do now?
[/quote]

Down to Hiveon to do it not us.

Not quite accurate.

HiveOn operates a pool in a competitive market in which no pool guarantees reward rate. Thankfully, anyone can point their rigs at any pool, at any time and measure results for themselves.

fwiw: I am not aware of an active VarDiff pool alternative. At least one pool does have fixed difficulty set a bit lower than 4295, maybe others if you believe that is a factor negatively impacting our rigs production.

perhaps less shares means negative impact on MEV value distribution?

less shares, less transactions, less taxes from MEV, so, it reduce your income, just a guess

For me, it is maximum ETH earned before the POS brick wall. Hence, the only metric I have been tracking and comparing is MHs ā†’ ETH over time. That metric has been in decline and required adding MHs to keep my payout cycles consistent. It does not appear fiscally responsible to chase it any longer :frowning:

All the MEV, shares, difficulty, block fill rates, EDEN, etc., has been interesting reading, but way over my head technically and outside my ability to measure. I am not sure the inner workings matter if ETH output to our wallets is maximized and I measure that aggressively.

I hope folks are measuring against their personal objectives, I donā€™t believe ETH mining is getting easier and if all the news is to be believed, it will end.

After I reach the next ETH payout on Hiveon Iā€™m done with them. Just not worth it anymore unless they turn Vardiff back on and even then, I donā€™t think Iā€™ll trust them to keep it on.

1 Like

I dont think they are just trying something new, I think they are bracing for the 280th/s of users who use Chinese pools to migrate over the largest pools atm. Hiveon being attractive for 0% fees and payed payouts. Sparkpool closes down 30th this month, dont foget that beepool and f2pool are also Chinese, plus all the smaller ones Huabei etc.

Just my 2 kroner.

1 Like

Well I just got into mining and after paying about 6k for 500mh and have a return of 23 a day based off this new adjustment with hiveon. I just might try and get my original investment back and run for the hills before its over flooded with all of you selling yours lol

I guess its possible to be too late to the party.

1 Like

I understandā€¦ I am sharing the fact that I have not had that drop in MH per eth. Donā€™t get me wrong it has droppedā€¦ but EIP 1559 was a 15-20% drop and the London drop that happened a few weeks after it was implemented were the two drops I noted. Otherwise I have been paid roughly the same.

Might be time for me to go try RaveOS.

Hi Crunch! How (and when) on Earth were you able to snag 500 mh/s for only 6k ?

2 Likes

Well I purchased 16 RX 580 8gb cards from a local friend who has alot. They were used to mine for a few months, but all run great, getting just over 251mh per 8 cards in 2 server rigs.

I paid 350 per card which I know is high but still better than 4,5,600 ea. on ebay.
Anyway this may seem stupid to yall, but I have surpassed my threshold payout on ETH and cant figure for the life of me how do I cash this out?? If someone can kinda walk me over this path?

Hiveon pool / ETH

Thank you and good luck all!

Allow maybe one extra day for the Hiveon pool to pay you. It may take some delay but donā€™t worry, it will land.

Once you have your 0.1 ETH paid on your wallet, you can then transfer those to the wallet address that will show up under an exchange account of yours (typically Binance or Coinbase)

(Binance automatically creates a wallet address for each crypto you have in there, look under Wallet ā†’ Overview ā†’ Deposit. You may initially have to buy a few ā‚¬ worth of ETH to get it created.

Once you have your 0.1 ETH on Binance, sell for the Fiat ($, ā‚¬, etc) that you want, then IBAN the fiat to your bank account, et voila!

1 Like

Daily payout cut off times:

How are payments made and in what amount?

Payments are made daily at 07:33 GMT+0, provided that the balance is at least 0.1 ETH or 1 ETC at the time of fixation. The fixation time is 06.33 GMT+0 for ETC and ETH. If you have not reached the minimum payout threshold at the moment of fixation, the funds will be paid the next day (if you reach the threshold). You can check the local time for your time zone, for example, here.

1 Like

Yes, I also see a 2-fold drop in the hash rate on my farm, but the pool payout remains the same.

The pool threshold is set to a 0.1 eth. Itā€™s not dependent on your hashrate. What GPU are you mining on though?

HI @aharrison ,

have you got an update about the VarDiff thing from support?

(Happy weekend!=

1 Like

Still no news or update on Vardiff. My opinion and just my opinion is that they are not going to turn it back on.

On a side note. I also asked about what happens if ETH 2.0 comes out and I still have less than the payout threshold of 0.1 ETH. Their response was that they will not payout less than threshold. Not a great answer. So I take that as if you have less than 0.1 ETH and ETH 2.0 comes out you will be unable to get a payout and lose your profits. I will be switching pools as soon as I reach my first Payout from Hiveon. Why risk the loss? My first payout after this post will be in about 30 days.

Iā€™ll continue to check on it with support at least once a week. Iā€™ll make sure I post any news here.

Happy Mining! And have a good weekend!