More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Vega 56 and Vega 64 guide

hey

from 50,74 to 56,68 MH :sweat_smile: will see if it stays stable.
followed your instructions, im gonna stay with these for now, power consumption naturally went up quite a bit. Thanks a lot buddy

tuning seguence

edit. dropped vdd from 840 to 835 power down to 121W…now i hope for 24hrs stable run :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

It looks like vega56 samsung can perform the same as vega64. You can try later push core to 1035 and mem to 1060. I guess it will give 57 - 57,5mh like rx 5700 :slight_smile:

1 Like

this is vega 56? not vega 64 with vega 56 bios?

i tried last night to raise mem by – .50 to 1100, crash. during the night got 2 invalids, so quite good tune. i just raised vdd to 837 and contnue to monitor, and yes, this card is 56 with flashed bios. Im supraised about the tuning results, will try to push a bit more later…just to see what it can do!. Stability is essential to me so i dont mind “loosing” few hash if its not top notch optimal :wink: atm 56.88 stable for now. Great community :slight_smile:

quite interesting. do you increase it in the console or? the frequency? your rig doesnt restart with every OC?

1 Like

I rised mem in the remote qui.“your rig doesnt restart with every OC?” no, i just change oc on the fly

#edit#
now when i have in total 3 vegas in same rig, it seems to restart with every oc i make…i just remembered this question…is this concidered as “normal” ? I have been tweaking and trouble shooting because i was under impression that there is some issue going on because i cant oc on the fly anymore without rig restarting…

These are the worst of the vegas ive used. Had one that wouldt go past 49 but ised 170W shows in hive.
If you want to make it easy on yoursel, sell it on ebay and buy another card.

auch :smiley:

hey peps since this topic really has helped me out i thought i would share my results, I have found a high hash rate for my msi vega 56 card although it gets a high amount of rejects which i would like to improve, at the moment im still experimenting as i’m sure the ASUS ROM 56’s are the best. any advice or tips are greatly appreciated.

amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 37 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12

hiveos:0.6-190@210106

teamredminer : --eth_config=B

Hi spacemine
I have one card with many rejected as well, i’m still looking for the best setting. For now you can try lower REF to 50000, this shouldn’t affect your hashrate. I’d recommend core 1135, VDD 840 (less power cons and higher hashrate) and if it still generates invalids you can try slightly lower your mem. Not every card can run 56-57mh unfortunately. I’m not familliar with flashing bios from other manufacturer but this may be insteresting.

1 Like

Dear Silver,
thank you very much for your help!
But those settings won´t work for me?!? i drop down to 49 mHash!?

but i played around an found some setting that got me nearly 51.5 mHash → see attached pics

170W sounds like Gigabyte, paste your config

Change RCDRD to 12, if it won’t work try 13

yes, high hash but allso invalids. Will try to raise values slowly again later.

make a post how you made your R9 work on HiveOS, I’m guessing many would be interested :slight_smile: Although, the hashrate seems a bit low. Should be easy 30 MH/s

question, how do VEGA 56 with hynix Mem perform? what kind of hash can be achived?

52.78 MH/s top for me

amdmemtweak --i 4 --cl 20 --ras 23 --rcdrd 20 --rcdwr 11 --rc 36 --rp 13 --rrds 3 --rrdl 5 --rtp 6 --faw 12 --cwl 7 --wtrs 4 --wtrl 9 --wr 13 --rfc 248 --REF 65535 --i 1,2 --CL 19 --RAS 22 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 4 --RC 36 --RP 12 --RRDS 3 --RRDL 5 --RTP 4 --FAW 12 --CWL 6 --WTRS 4 --WTRL 9 --WR 13 --rfc 248 --REF 65535 --i 0,3 --CL 20 --RAS 22 --RCDRD 11 --RCDWR 5 --RC 36 --RP 12 --RRDS 3 --RRDL 5 --RTP 4 --FAW 12 --CWL 6 --WTRS 4 --WTRL 9 --WR 13 --rfc 248 --REF 65535

4 Likes

you should get more from the one with Samsung Mem. Look back the thread few posts, there is my settings and straps for samsung

1 Like

no time these days for having fun with it, but we will see :slight_smile: I’m still waiting to see how stable are those settings and how many invalids are you getting

1 Like

I dropped the Setting a bit just to be on the safe side, i value stability allso more than bit of more hash. Will let u know :+1: