More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Vega 56 and Vega 64 guide

Hello @oni.

At least is good to know that you guys posted the OC and Straps here… I’ll try to find them.

I currently own 6 case fans in my rig, all of them with great airflow, but i guess you’re right. I should invest in getting hot air out of the room, maybe changing it’s location somehow… Thanks anyway.

yes, proper ventilation to room or space where your rigs are, u really need to get that warm air from gpus out.
What is the ambient temp where rigs are and what kind of ventilation u have ?

Your wattage is so good that there is really no reason to drop oc, naturally if they run hothot all the time with fans +90%, your fans will be taking a hit if running 24/7- 365 +90% speed.
Might be a good idea to back down OC a bit, observe and evaluate the need for repaste&pads.

If they are fine then rethink ventilation so u can run with “max” oc without temp issues.

Are u using TRM vega fan configs or autofan ? In past i had loads of issues with vegas&autofan…and autofan generally, tho now it seems to be working fine.

Here is my flightsheet for vegas with ETH
fan conf

My blower cards were running mem 86c core 64c deg before pads change, continous usage mem above 85c is not good for the gpu even the hotspot is higher.
Mem 80c is good max regarding HBM2 stability, less hw errors or other issues with high side OC when temps are on the low 70´s .
usage

I try to keep room where rigs are around 25-27, higer temp and external ~45cm (40W) fan in window opening will start and runs until temp is back @ 25c deg. I have another quite large window next to it for fresh air.
Summertime i had 55cm (100W) fan there, without that it would have been impossible to mine with summer heat here up north allso way over 30c deg.
If room temp goes to +30c, my blower vegas mem will go fast above 80c without big fan, even with new pads&paste.

I have set vega rig so that gpu´s get fresh air from the back of the rig and blow that thru gpus with high rpm fans towards another room and so keeping that space in nice and cosy temp without other heating.
When temps drop at nights sub zero it might be that i need to set up ventilation some other way…

2 Likes

Yes, offcourse, repasting can also give you some extra °C!

I’m also thinking how I can use the heat during winter time to warm up the house, so revert the rig completely… a project for in a few months :smile:

Yeah, sorry, I’m on ERG right now, need to look myself for the ETH OC’s and straps as I accidentally deleted it all :roll_eyes:

Together with the household fans I also removed all my case fans, they were not good for the airflow of the industrial fans, so I have only these last 2 right now and it works great.

first try to up RCDRD to 13 or 14, when you’re still getting invalid try to up RC to 37 or 38

1 Like

defo good idea to use the heat, for me it was bit tricky to get warm air flowing where i wanted, ended up turning rotation one duct fan i have in chimney, so that puller is pusher to inside now thru one small rig towards exhaust, that made pressure difference so that in space that i want to keep warm, when “blowers” and fans push air, there is enought over pressure to spit that warm air after a turn back to mining room and with the aid of duct fan with rig fans pointing to exit.
My source for fresh air and exhaust is right next to eachothers so that brings few issues, i belive when temps go subzero, im gonna try to pull all fresh air from chimney with speed controlled fan… open window is too much with -20c deg lol …will see

1 Like

thanks for the clarification, my red devil is being beaten by nano :sweat_smile:

Hello,

I have 3 rigs of vega54 nano running for 2months. each rig around 402.7 wih 8 vega56 nano. Recently found speed is down to 402.1 sometimes aliitle bit lower than 402mhs. Normaly it would run with 50.35/36 each gpu
Is this mean I need to repaste/repad?
below are screenshots of my settings

1 Like

Hello guys im new here but i want to share my rig maybe someone could use it also 8 gpus 5 lc vega 1 reference 1 5700xt gigabyte and 1 asrock 5600xt

straps:–CL 20 --RC 38 --RP 12 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 13 --RCDWR 12

And using between 1340-1375(whole rig) watts depends on the fan % and the heat now stable for 6/7 months sometimes random 1 invalid share at the lc cards but not a big problem

Have the same card. Thats about where I am at with the Gigashit. Stable at 46.xx or 47.xx.

So yo. I have the Gigatrash with Hynix memory. How are you getting 50Mh/s outta that thing? When I use the same staps the card crashes.
GPU2 Gigabyte Gaming OC Hynix
amdmemtweak --RC 35 --RP 13 --RAS 22 --REF 65535 --RFC 148 --RRDL 4 --RRDS 4 --RCDRD 14 --RCDWR 12.

Maybe the REF 65535 is too high?

Here´s my Powercolor Hynix 56

amdmemtweak --RC 36 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12

Bios

2 Likes

Anyone have tips or tricks for flashing? I am trying to flash a MSI Padeon RX Vega 64 Air Boost to a 56. First off: Which Bios do I need? Brand specific? Or AMD? I have tried the AMD ones and it failed flashing. So I take it that I need to do the MSI one?

hi @Smining570 , your card is power color nano ? I already try some off power color vega 56 bios with code 111 at techpowerup (verified & not verified bios) and the result my power color Red Devil wont boot, always stuck in HiveOs screen when trying to identified the card (or maybe I should wait long enough :sweat_smile:)

also I notice your bios file size is 512kb, usually when I’m download vega bios is always 256kb. It’s ok to flash it ? because whenever I’m trying to flash bios 512kb to my other card in HiveOs the result it’s always Error in the vga.

Thanks for the info and bios

usually you’ll have to use the same brand bios, take a look at your card watt consumption and look for other bios with more low watt consumption, and if it doesn’t work try another bios with watt near your original bios watt consumption.

Cmiiw, it’s my way of trying to find the correct bios, and maybe it could work for you.

Got the Bios flashed. The key was I had to enable “Force Flashing “ in n the overclock tab. I did that and put some straps with OC settings and my Vega 64s now flashed to 56s are clocking in at 50.xxMhs.

Usually you’d download the original rom file, then mod it and reupload and flash it.
If you don’t have access to the original, go to TechPowerUp and download the bios from there. You may have to try several. Sooner or later you should find one that’ll flash.

hello to all !! i have an msi vega 56 with hynix mem but the best i can do is about 46 mhs . i tryied everything here but this card only works with this straps
amdmemtweak --CL 18 --RC 34 --RP 13 --WR 11 --CWL 7 --FAW 12 --RAS 23 --REF 17000 --RFC 164 --RTP 6 --RRDL 4 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 4 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 21 --RCDWR 11

clock 1060 vdd 850 mem 930
can anyone help me if there is any chance to reach 50mhs?

Hello guys, please help me with the settings of my vega 64! I wish to improve it more