More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Vega 64 - 54MH/s with less than 130w

Because the guide is for Vega 64 not 56.

1 Like

I was able to get lower wattage than that with vega 56. Here is my setup with teamredminer.

Hi,

im a starter in hive os. At windows i reach stable 50 - 53 MH/s with my Vega56 but in hive os i dont know how to inject the timings.

I do not find the “AmdMemTweak” line in the oc tab.

thx for advice

Any hope for vega 56? :relaxed:

it works perfectly with the Vega 56 too

Hello, I did the whole tutorial and it works perfectly on my 4 Vega 64s, I was getting 54 mhs steadily (with good temperatures) After a month one of the cards started to fail like crazy. It didn’t matter what changes I made in memory, I changed riser, voltage and core, and nothing fixed it. I decided to flash the bios of Vega 64 again and it worked correctly with the performance of a normal Vega (43 mhs). Try to do this tutorial again to flash the bios of 56, but again the problems returned. I tried it several times and it still didn’t work. I did not pay much more attention to it, I flashed the vega 64 again and I lost my 10 msh :(. Now two months later the same thing happened again with another card :frowning: the same thing happened to someone? It is as if something changed physically on the card and I can’t do this trick anymore :frowning:

I wanted to give my thanks to all who have provided great information in this thread. I was able to get one of my old Vega 56 mining rigs up and running with incredible output.

HiveOS Version:
0.6-199@210218

GPUs:
2x AMD Vega 56 Reference 8GB (flashed to MSI Vega 56 Airboost ROM; 2018 version)
4x MSI Vega 56 Air Boost 8GB (flashed to MSI Vega 56 Airboost ROM; 2018 version)

Straps:
–CL 20 --RAS 26 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12 --RC 38 --RP 12 --RRDS 3 --RRDL 5 --RTP 6 --FAW 12 --CWL 8 --WTRS 4 --WTRL 9 --WR 13 --REF 24000 --RFC 239

Overclock Template:
CORE @ 1000
VDD @ 850
MEM @ 1025

Miner:
TeamRedMiner (enable compute, eth-config=B, custom fan control)

Results:

I can probably pull some more power from the card but I’m happy with the output, and the current rate of ETH outweighs cost of power (minimal, thanks to solar array).

I have 2 more Vega 56 running with same ROM, same straps and similar OC settings using TeamRedMiner on a liquid-cooled Windows rig. Currently hashing at 56 Mh/s on both cards. This setup is temporary until I can get a new GPU as this is my primary gaming rig. The pair of Vega 56s on the gaming rig aren’t doing it for us. :smile:

In a few weeks, I’ll be setting up a new mining area in my house where I can bring all 3 of my rigs together (Vega 56 rig, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 rig, and an EVGA 1080 Ti rig). Should see some good results here soon.

Noobie here, I can run AMDMemTweak without issue in the command line, and can get it to run on Card 0, but I am struggling with the syntax to have the different settings apply to Card 1. I have a RVII as 0 and V64 as 1. When manually applied i’m getting 92 and 50MH respectively, but the xinit I created doesnt yet get the V64 to top speed, only 43MH. Do just run amdmemtweak twice, with the commands on separate lines? I have seen how you can do a comma between card numbers but to me that would only be if I have identical cards, right?

Two separate commands would be easiest. I do not see anything in the amdmemtweak readme for applying two different sets of settings.

If you need both commands on the same line, use “&&” between commands.

Example:
amdmemtweak [settings] && amdmemtweak [settings]

Hello guys, i recently decided to change my 3x 64 , 3x 56 rig from a USB stick to a SSD, i have got it set up with good hashrates, but i can not get the Straps to launch on startup from nano xinit.user.sh, i have GUI set to run on startup, with “amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RAS 20 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12 --RC 37 --RP 11 --RRDS 3 --RRDL 6 --RTP 5 --FAW 12 --CWL 8 --WTRS 4 --WTRL 9 --WR 14 --REF 65535 --RFC 248” this worked fine when i had the miner running from my usb stick, any suggestions to what i might be doing wrong here?
using latest stable image and teamredminer 8.1

Thank you cr0001. I tried this and same effect I think. Card 1 takes memtweak fine, but card doesnt take it. If I stop miner and add manually, it works great. Here is what I am posting:

amdmemtweak --i 0 --rtp 6 --ref 7500 --rcdrd 13 --rp 13 --rrds 3 --faw 12 --ras 25 --rc 38 && amdmemtweak --i 1 --CL 20 --RAS 30 --RCDRD 14 --RCDWR 12 --RC 44 --RP 14 --RRDS 3 --RRDL 6 --RTP 5 --FAW 12 --CWL 8 --WTRS 4 --WTRL 9 --WR 14 --REF 17000 --RFC 249

Image of my xinit as well.

Hello Guys. I am a newbie in mining, I have a VEGA 64 on a separate rig and followed the settings recommended here to get 54MH without flashing hiveos-linux/ETHASH_GENERAL_TUNING.txt at master · minershive/hiveos-linux · GitHub

when i add the straps in Teamredminer as suggested I get this error!

and it does not recognize the straps! Am I putting them wrong? Kindly advise how to reach the >50 I got 37 MHs with phoenix but can not get more. I am using Vega os 0.6-199@210218. Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi wkholi!

I think you are doing it in the wrong place. You should apply the straps from the “Run Command” option on the top menu of hiveOs. There, type amdmemtweak followed by your straps and hit run.
Here’s an example:

Don’t forget to remove them from user config, probably teamredminer is ignoring them, but it’s better to keep things tidy. And also, if you have more than one card, don’t forget to add the --i N (N = card number) to specify the card you want to apply the straps to.

Remember those straps must be applied every time you restart your rig. I’ve tried to apply them automatically following the xinit file editing tips but haven’t got it to work.

2 Likes

Hi!
Thank you so much for this post! It has been my holy bible for getting my Gigabyte Vega 64 working on Hive.

But I still have a problem: No matter what I do, the power consumption of my Vega 64 is waay to high.

Things I’ve done:

• Flash with the BIOS of the same Vega 56 card
  • Tried the beta version of HiveOs that Lucifer0 recommends with teamredminer 0.7.16c
  • Played around with core clock and voltage, and with mem clocks (above 950 it crashes miner on start)

When I apply the straps, it goes up from 45 to 50 mh/s but it also goes up from 162 to 172 watts, which seems crazy compared to what I’ve been seeing in this post.

Here are some pics of my situation, which is the best I’ve been able to achieve:

Is there something I’ve missed??
Thanks!

I have several charts on my rig and I would like to apply the strap only to the vega. how can I do it?

add the --i N (N = desired card to apply straps on) to amdmemtweak command.
In your case it would be something like:

amdmemtweak --i 2 …

Thanks

I tried using this strap but it didn’t work for me.

amdmemtweak --i 2 --CL 20 --RAS 26 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12 --RC 38 --RP 12 --RRDS 3 --RRDL 5 --RTP 6 --FAW 12 --CWL 8 --WTRS 4 --WTRL 9 --WR 13 --REF 24000 --RFC 239

I think it may be my version of hiveos, which one works better?

I’m having issue with version >= 0.6-196@210201
it’s working on 0.6-195@210127

1 Like