More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

WiFi setup

Вдруг кому поможет…
TP-LINK TL-WN822N V5 никак не хотел работать, причём такой же V3 работал без проблем.
Решение:
$ sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces
В конце файла дописать:
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
auto wlan0
Внимание! Строки именно в таком порядке, наоборт не работало.
Если не помогло, установить драйвера:

1. sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install git

2. git clone https://github.com/Mange/rtl8192eu-linux-driver/

3. cd rtl8192eu-linux-driver

4. make
    sudo make install

5. reboot

1 Like

Hello everybody.

My situation - rig in country home without wired internet. Inet via 4G, but signal is not stable. I have 2 4G-to-wifi sticks for 2 different mobile networks. I need auto switch between wifi networks if one lost internet (wifi connectivity can still be present). In a same manner how it did by any modern android phone. Any ideas?

TP-LINK TL-WN725N funciona perfecto sin tocar nada, solo ingresar ssid y contraseña en el archivo de configuración

I had an issue with my tp-link wn821n v6, only after remove/plug works, after reboot it didn’t
This is what worked for me at hiveos-0.6-156@200905

this should build and install the 8192eu module to the kernel, but this is not enough.
when you boot the you will see something this before your cards

wlan0 no-carrier - rtl8xxxu

you have to blacklist the rtl8xxxu module, because hive still don’t use the previously installed 8192eu module.

• echo “blacklist rtl8xxxu” > /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-rtl8xxxu.conf

have fun

Hi I have a problem with a USB WIFI card. The card is model Ralink Tech MT7601U Wireless Adapter

The card is easily recognized by the operating system HiveOS, but I have large packet losses and high times to my internal network.

Ping statistics for 192.168.0.113:
Packets: Sent = 166, Received = 122, Lost = 44 (26% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 3ms, Maximum = 3925ms, Average = 1246ms

The distance from the RIG to my router is about 1 meter. I put the card on a computer with Windows 10 and there is no such problem.

How do I fix the problem?

Great post.

Any chance you would know how to get the similar drivers for [RTL8111/8168/8411]

So i used this device. It works but sometime when i restart it does not see the device. I have to unplug and plug back in. The setting above do i need to add this to fix the issue. Ty

Помогло! Всё уже перепробовал и испытал, а ваш пост реально сработал!

Hello guys! New to this universe of Hive OS, i am tring to install it on a old laptop (well from 2019) its a Lenovo 920 and i want to use it to farm using the CPU, the problem is i am stuck on the setup, its not detecting my wifi, even i left 1 open and still dont find it, i tried it manually entering the SID but still got the error that the operation is not posibble cause of RF-kill . Any help will be apriciate!

TP link T2U вроде как определяется в системе, но wifi команда не работает. Все возможные варианты установки перепробовал, но ничего не помогает. Помогитеееее))

образ какой?

ОБраз Hive OS? 5.4.80-hiveos

Hi, I’m using TEROW XHT-5B10 (rtl8811cu)
When I enter the command - “wifi” shows the error “no wlan0 interface found”
I installed the driver GitHub - brektrou/rtl8821CU: Realtek RTL8811CU/RTL8821CU USB Wi-Fi adapter driver for Linux but if I try to connect to my hotspot, hiveos return “no-carrier” with error wifi setup done. No connection.
I am using the latest version of hive OS (0.6-201@210309)

And earlier (about 2 months ago), I was able to connect wifi without any problems without installing other drivers.

Please, help.

Работает (по крайней мере должен в последней бете)

Hi everyone.

I’m trying to connect my rig using the 802.11n dongle (this guy) but without success. I’ve read almost every thread in the wi-fi setup (also, usually the 802.11n seems to work) but I was not able to make it work.

The problem is the following:

As soon as I type:

wifi

In my rig’s terminal, I got the following error:

=== WiFi setup ===
Failed to bring up wlan0: SIOCSIFFLAGS: Operation not permitted

wlan0    unassociated ESSID="" Nickname:"<WIFI@REALTEK>"
         Mode: Auto  Frequency=2.412GHz  Access Point: Not-Associated
         Sensitivity:0/0
         Retry:off  RTS the:off  Fragment  the:off
         Encryption key:off
         Power Management:off
         Link Quality=0/100  Signal level=0 dBm  Noise level=0 dBm
         Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
         Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:0  Missed beacon:0
● 3: wlan0
        Link File: /lib/systemd/network/99-default.link
     Network File: /etc/systemd/network/30-wireless.network
             Type: wlan
            State: off (configuring)
             Path: pci-0000:00:14.0-usb-0:9:1.0
           Driver: r8188eu
           Vendor: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
            Model: 802.11n
       HW Address: 00:e0:4c:81:88:02 (REALTEK SEMICONDUCTOR CORP.)

The wlan0 appears in my iwconfig but not in ifconfig

I’ve already tried to reinstall the r8188eu driver, but with no success.

The same error happens if I try to run:

ifconfig wlan0 up

This is the output of that command:

SIOCSIFFLAGS: Operation not permitted

Also, I’m using HiveOS Beta. (but I’ve tried and the error persists even in stable)

Any ideas how to fix this?

Hi, i managed to get my rig to find and connect tp-link TL-WN823N mini usb adapter “out from the box” on hiveos (without Windows).
The thing is, system wants me to set up sid and password on every boot, is that normal and is there a way to make OS to remember the adapter and wifi network settings ? Im totally noob with both, hiveos and linux, so previous answers with some solution by command line dont make any sense to me, sorry…i would like to get “Hiveos wifi for dummies” solution. Thanks

how to download network manager?

Was able to get my TP-Link AC600 Archer T2U Nano working with minimal effort. You’ll need to have your HiveOS rig hard-lined in for an internet connection, and run some simple linux commands:

Мне удалось заставить свой TP-Link AC600 Archer T2U Nano работать с минимальными усилиями. Вам нужно будет подключить компьютер HiveOS к Интернету с помощью кабеля и выполнить несколько простых команд Linux:

sudo apt install git dkms
git clone https://github.com/aircrack-ng/rtl8812au.git
cd rtl8812au
sudo make dkms_install

Your HiveOS install should already include git and dkms, but run that first command just in case.

It will take some time to build the driver and install, and it initially appears to not fully complete the install with an error, but after a restart my adapter was identified and could connect to both 2.4ghz and 5ghz connections.

Для сборки и установки драйвер потребуется некоторое время, и сначала кажется, что установка не завершилась полностью с ошибкой, но после перезапуска мой адаптер был идентифицирован и мог подключаться как к соединениям 2,4 ГГц, так и 5 ГГц.

Если у вас были проблемы, посмотрите мой последний комментарий

1. sudo в Hive не нужен
  2. в последних образах rtl8812au есть в драйверах