More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

2x RTX 3070 - same settings different hash rates

I just added msi 3070 2x into my rig. my temperature reading is 75 degree and cannot lower it. How do I lower the temperature? My Asus 3070 is doing very well within same rig.
Please help!

they’re hot…is it in a case? Try to optimize airflow and lowering the Power limit to 130.

There is also a thread here on the community about locked core clock. I’m running with the following settings for a week. try to set Core/Mem/PL like this

When system is running press the run command button at the top
and fill in “nvidia-smi -lgc 690”
Now the Core clock is locked to 690Mhz. Because Core is locked/limited, power consumption is also limited. My 3070 only uses 118watt :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your help. After I followed your instruction, it lowered to 69 degree. At this time, since only two they are enclosure with open sides with 2 extra fans. I ordered the riser, so I can separate them later.

I got the riser and able to bring the temperature down to 54 degree. Thank you.
This morning I noticed I got 2 rejects. Is this related with OC or pool. I am on Hiveon pool. Should I try with other pool? If so, which pool will be the best to try on?

When you send out core clock setting to 690, is this command apply for all GPU?
Is there command for checking core clock setting?

I use hiveonpool in combination with T-Rex. I also got 2 reject overnight. I lowered my mem to 2550. I think eth day file is changed yesterday.

After mem update I did a clean reboot and started mining again. No rejects for the moment🤞.

I am using same pool with T-Rex too.

I also changed into lower mem to 2200, still getting 4 rejects. Do you have any better luck?

I.m also had 2 reject in 14 hours mining… Looks like a hiveonpool issue

Past two days, Accept ratio is 99.39%. After I search through web, less than 1% is normal. I am still using hiveon and t-rex. Is your worker doing any better?

Almost same ratio over here. If it is above 99% it is oke. But more people are asking in this community where the rejected share are coming from. I didn’t see them before

It is strange…

Hopefully someone looks into it…

You can try this.

GPU 2 - Asus TUF
GPU 3 - Asus ROG

1 Like

the gpu with lower hash rate most likely has restricted airflow compare to same gpu with higher hash rate.
as an example 2 rigs =10gpu just one of gpu’s will be closest to coldest air ( close to door or window) so all identical cards will perrform differently. also if you decide to change thermal pads after some point check
heat exchance ratio - called THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY do not buy anything less than 9.5w/mk ratio
i use odyssey thermal pads they have 12.8w/mk and are better than on most gpu’s caming from factory. also research thermal paste for proccessor same thing veery cheap paste will degrade perfomance and lead to thermal throttle and high temperatures
to see what is safe way running card use hiveos AUTOFAN function idealy your memory temp should not exceed 94 Celsius

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.