Just wanted to do a quick post on how to reliably do the 3060 max hashrate glitch.
Ive done it over and over but there are a few things you should know to get it to work repeatably.
- Nvidia driver version must be 460.39
- ERG Mining must be done for a good few mins and be running at max rate (100mh+)
- Your overclock on your 3060’s must be high enough to cause the crash in nbminer but not so high that it causes you issues when you switch flightsheets. 2800 - 3000 mem clock did it for me.
- this works with multiple 3060’s and mixed cards
- it runs for hours and hours if done correctly without any problems.
There are some very good videos out there showing this being done but im new to this and thought i would post an idiots guide.
So with the above in mind the steps are
- Create a flightsheet that mines ERG using nbminer (important that its nbminer!)
- set the system to mine ERG for a good few mins and ensure all of your 3060 cards are running at 100+mh (standard for that miner)
- open up the miner window so you can see when the error happens (we want this)
- After it has been running for about 5 mins or so hold the fan on the 3060 card you want to glitch out, after about a min or so (mine took a bit longer) the temps will start to rise but before the miner stops mining on that card you should get a big red error message in the nbminer output window (hiveshell) and the miner will restart. LET GO OF THE FAN(s)
- let the card cool down and you will see that the fan reading remains at 0% in hiveos but the card returns to mining at full rate, you will aslo note the fan is running FULL SPEED
- repeat steps 3 & 4 for each card you want to do this with (works with multiple 3060s)
- switch your flightsheet to ETH (im using t-rex and works fine)
- enjoy full speed mining on 3060s
One key thing to repeating the above is that the glitch happens BEFORE your card starts to overheat and shutdown, if its stopping the mining before the red error message it wont work. Usually a slight increase in the mining rate will allow the glitch to happen before the heat is too high.
FYI my settings are Fan 80, Core -100, Memory 2900-3000, PL 120w
Hope this helps others to get the glitch working correctly !