More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

3060 - Full mining speed - 50mh Unlock (Repeatable)

Im trying better cooling to see if i can stay stable at 2800 as you see in the screenshot but think its unlikely ! but for those that want to see the full setup …

The PNY card (the last one) is the one im having issues with for failed submissions as you see there (ignore the 1080 as im still tuning that one). As you can see you can get 50 across the entire set of cards its been running now for about a week without issue so it can be done across multiple card versions etc. I hope you all have the same success. Also ignore the fan speed settings as they all go to 100% once the glitch is deployed.

EDIT : and for clarity, no i do not use any HDMI plugs (not needed on hive os) and windows restricts the beta driver to only work on 1 card and any other windows solutions are either non full hash rate or only work with one card. This thread is intended to help those on HiveOS with a multi card setup (although it will work with just one 3060 but windows option may be easier for those with that config).

2 Likes

After this procedure I got 50 Mh/s but every few minutes I got message : "TREX: Can’t find nonce with device [ID=0, GPU #3], cuda exception: CUDA_ERROR_LAUNCH_FAILED, try to reduce overclock to stabilize GPU state.
For this GPU settings are : Core clock 100 Memory clock 1500 Fan 70 PL 115
Any idea ?

that is an error you will get when you have clocked too high or the card has overheated. I have found a lot of 3060’s are very tempermental on overclocking. I would say drop down your memory clock even further to see if you can get a stable clock rate. If you are getting 50 @ 1500 then thats the perfect target, honestly i only had to clock mine that high to get the glitch to work, if you can get it lower then thats better.
Make sure that your PSU is up to the job as well, multi 3060’s take a lot of power, also make sure you are runnning the latest version of t-rex as i found some prior versions were a bit unstable.

Good luck!

is there anything i can do about the 100% fanspeed , the noise is killing me… ^^

Unforutnately not without modfying the card/cables.
The only way i know you could do it would be to put a manual control for the GPU fans but that requires getting adapters etc to fit the fan cables etc. Or to connect the GPU fans to the motherboard in order to allow for Software control but both methods require new cables etc to make it work. I may do it at some point and if i do i will post instructions on here but in the short term unfortunately there is nothing you can do.

@Wolf02

I am having the same issue. I am able to hit the fan glitch every time but can’t find the sweet spot setting which stables my rig for hours. The best I got far is 40 min max, then the T-rex gives an error can’t find the nonce with the device.

My OC settings

clock -100
F 80
PW 120

Now for memory, I tried every 50 multiple from 2900 to 1500 still can’t get stable setup the T-Rex run for 5 min some time 10 mins some time 40 mins and error out as above please help me. I am using GPU GA106 [GeForce RTX 3060]. TRex version is 0.21.4

I can contact you on telegram also if required but need your help.

Thanks

@harsh_son

Are you sure that you arent hitting any power limits etc, i have just built a second rig and while i have an 850w PSU the voltage delivery is clearly crap (it was a cheap PSU). This means in my new rig it runs as you say anywhere from 15 mins to an hour (for me) then craps out. When i try to get it running again it will give me cuda errors etc, sometimes wont detect the card, other times i get 0 hash rate.

I know its not a simple thing to check or test without investing in another PSU unfortunately but if the card will overclock and will run for a period of time and you are sure its not overheating then the most lilkely cause is PSU issues (IMO). There are im sure 100 other suggestions but having built PC’s for over 20 years 9/10 times the simple solution is the most effective one.

Hope it helps, and hopefully you can source another PSU to at least test with before buying an upgraded one.

Im running a rtx 3060 from EVGA with the Glitch in Hive os stable now for almost a day . 49.2 mh/s at 110watts in the Software.

3 Likes

And how does it work, there are no mistakes?

works fine , aslong as u dont shut it down

How long has it been running without errors?

Hi, I cant install nvidia driver 460.39, the installation is fine on maintenance mode, but when my rig reboot it crashes the booting process, I tried so many times and it stills crashes before the start mining mode. Is there trick to update this?

Hi, make sure you uninstalled the current driver properly. To do that you need to clean the nvidia driver files completely. Try this…

sudo apt purge nvidia-*
sudo apt autoremove
sudo apt autoclean

Once this is done, run these below commands to update the repository and install the missing dependencies.

apt-get update
apt-get install -f

Once this is done, run below command to list all drivers from Nvidia

nvidia-driver-update --list

then type 460.39

Let me know how it goes.

Note: Make sure you use a hive shell to do this. if you are using single pc, then you might get a black screen due to driver upgrade/downgrade.

Thank you for the help, u r awesome! But I think it will never works for me, unfortunatelly

The cleaning and installation on was good, until it restart rig

Than it stops on booting again, but I never saw theses messages on my last tries

it stops on this screen and never goes beyond…

I tried to turn off my amd GPUs before rebooting and stills no good with solo 3060 on my rig

I think the problem is the bios of my MB BTC-37, I dont know…

I think im in the right thread since i want to remove the lhr of my gpus. I want to buy some gpus, but i need help because im beetween Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 Twin Edge OC, INNO3D GeForce RTX 3060 TWIN X2 12GB GDDR6 LHR and Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 Twin Edge LHR.

(I’ve found great deals on these 3 types)

Can somebody tell me wich one is easier to unlock?

Are the variations non important? It just need to be 3060 or 3060ti?

I’ve search a lot and i cant find any suggestions :confused:

Thank you :smiley:

Doesn’t work on the new 3060s :confused:

Hey everyone,

Okay, every GPU is slightly different, that even goes for identical brands. After successfully getting stable ~100 Mh/s from several two cards rig (four different brands), I have the confidence to declare: Anyone failing to get full hashrate from their 3060, could contact me. I’ll help them figure out the right parameters and necessary steps based on the specific characteristics of their cards. Nothing complicated, just somewhat delicate and time-consuming (for the first run). I can do a few in my free times. Here is my email: [email protected]

Best.

(The Gigabyte with better results is Gaming OC, while Aurous is not performing that good.)

2 Likes

Any way to set fan speed after glitch to some lower value? Mining at flat with full fan speed can be bit disturbing :wink:

Ok, I did some extensive testing with my RTX 3060 V1 card for the ETH mining full hash rate. Here are the steps for the stable mining.

1. Run Miniz miner with the latest version with Core clock 1500, Mem clock 2600 and power 110
  2. Wait for 15-20 min for the fan glitch to 0%. For me its almost 18-20 min. For you it might be more/less.
  3. Once the fan glitch takes place, just start the flight sheet of your ETH. For me, I used Gminer (which was running straight 5 days long without any issue), T-Rex (which was running straight 3 days long, but i saw some invalid share).
  4. When the glitch is in place, the hash rate will be locked to certain number. for me its always 49.38 - 49.41 Mh/s

Note:
1. I am from India, the temperature is a bit high here. Hence it is 72
2. I am running on a very old system. H81 mobo, i3 4130 with PCIE express 2.0
3. Not every time you do this process, you will get exact hash rate. I saw sometimes, it is 44+ and sometimes its 49+. But don’t overclock too much which will unstable the miner.

So I recieved this issue before, you need to run hive-replace -y —stable then change your nvidia driver to 465.xxx or higher 471.xxx then it should work no problem. When I got this issue it was from mixing non and lhr versions of 3060