More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

3060 Ti Overclock in HiveOS

Here is a screen cap of my workers with the applied OC from above.

Hope this helps and Happy Hashing :money_mouth_face: !

2 Likes

What pool and miner are you using? I’m mining Nicehash Ethash with Ethminer and my numbers are not very good :confused:

I’m mining Hiveon, Ethash, with Phoenix Miner. I picked the pool because when I was looking at their average rate per 100MH/s, it was good IMO. I picked the Phoenix Miner because HiveOS’s stats page showed more than 40% of miners using their OS were using Phoenix Miner. My guess is because of the 0.65% fee isntead of the standard 1%, but I don’t know. I was using T-Rex when I was windows mining.

Your cards has a -200 clock set. Try changing the clock to 1360 and remove the PL. The great thing about removing the PL when you have an absolute clock set is that you generally get less errors as the card will be able to draw the amount of power it needs for a spike, then it goes back down. This should help reduce the amount of invalid shares you’re getting.

With regards to numbers, you want to aim for efficiency. So you have to do a little math. Take your current harrate multiply by 1000 and then divide that number by the power draw of that card. So in your case, the equation will look like this (59.51*1000)/136 = 437.57. You want this number to be around 500.

Hope this helps and Happy Hashing :money_mouth_face: !

Alright, I’ll be giving this a shot.

I bailed on phoenixminer because of the warning issued by Nicehash
https://www.nicehash.com/blog/post/stop-using-phoenix-miner-immediately
Whether this is good advice or not, I’ll be the better safe than sorry cliche this go around. I’ve also read that the phoenixminer hash rates have been reported to be inflated.

I used T-Rex when I was on Hiveon Pool, and the rates were better, but you wan’t use T-Rex when you’re mining Nicehash unless you know more about miner configs than me lol

Settled on Ethminer after reading this article
Best Ethereum Mining Software for Nvidia and AMD - Crypto Mining Blog.
which had this in it

After seeing the ‘real hash rate’ number variance, it sounded like the reported hash rate wasn’t as important. That said, I still don’t want to be 5-10% below the rest of the field for obv reasons

I’ll let you know what I can come up with. I’ve already got my 3070s running with absolute core clocks and it’s been working great. Thanks for all your help!

No worries. Glad I could help.

BTW, I’ve read/heard that NiceHash was bashing PhoenixMiner to promote their own mining software. I’m not sure if that’s true or not, just stuff I’ve read on Reddit and other mining community boards. There’s an interesting Reddit thread here about NiceHash and PhoenixMiner.

Also,
NiceHash just posted about T-Rex. They’re disabling the plug-in for any new installs of their mining software because the miner was just suspended by Github for “unknown” reasons.
https://www.nicehash.com/blog/post/t-rex-plugin-temporarily-disabled-for-new-installations

If you’re worried about PhoenixMiner reporting false hashrates, here is a snap of my latest 24HR/Avg on Hiveon. I’m very happy with the results.

Guess we can’t dodge politics anywhere lol.

The invalids resurfaced for me after an hour, I’ve got another thread going here 3060ti Issues - #6 by JustAGuy as to not hijack this one

2 Likes

You don’t by chance have the OC’s for a PNY 3060 ti? I can’t quite get 61MH, about levels out I think at ~59 or 60.

Yea, so I do have a PNY and it’s a bit below par regarding my other cards.

I have an absolute core clock set to 1350 and the mem set to 2300. The power draw is ~ 118 Watts with a hash rate of ~ 60. I’m getting a 0.51 MH/J, so that’s really good. My temps are solid on the card as well with the GPU temp @ ~ 58 and the VRAM temps @ ~ 55. This is about as stable as I could get the card. If I pushed the core clock or the mem clock any further I’d get more stale/invalid shares than I liked, so I dialed it back a bit.

Hope this helps and Happy Hashing :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Here’s mine PNY overclock, the rejected share i got is because i tried to push it over 2600 memory clock, but at -500 core, 2500 mem and 125 pl i was getting a stable 62.5, i haven’t set up a good fan cooling system yet that’s why the temp is a little high, but with those overclocks in a suitable environment you can easily reach above 63 mh.

I have bought two rtx 3060 ti evga and no matter wt i do i only get 31 hash rate !! Could my card be bad ? Or am i doing aomething wrong , i put the same exact setting ur putting for the evga car u have

But i got the same results !

I tried every possible setting for the 3060 ti but i get the same results

Whats up with that ?

@Zox Check the part number. EVGA has listed their part numbers for the LHR cards. If your part number ends in KL then you have an LHR card and there isn’t much you can do other than trade someone for an older card. If the part number ends in KR then we can start diving into your settings

Well i have problem with 3060TI
i have
Gigabyte vision OC 8GB
and when i apply any of your suggested OC i cant get more than 33hash

I use hivepool with phoenixminer.

if anyone have any idea i will be very thankful!

Ya, LHR card.
Drop ur memory to 2600. 3000 is waaaay to high

hi, i`m ussing 60% fun -500 core 2100 mem 130 pl and is ok 60.22mhz

Is it possible to get 40 using rig de Palit 3060 ti v2?
If anyone is using it, can you post the screen ss?

Here is mine. I get 43,33 MH/s and power less than 110 W.

what brand VGA are you using? @dejan

yes i have one palit 3060 ti lhr dual fan hynix memory.

core clock 1350
mem clock 2100
pl no
hashrate 43mh/s
power 135 w

Of course, I changed the thermal pads.
The gpu temperature dropped from 60 C to 45 C.

what kind of mother board / CPU do you have this on?