More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

3060 with risers : What to mine?

This Miner works great my 3 cards run at 106-110w and 37mhs with absolute core clock :slight_smile:

Is there any informations about to unlock the full hash rate of RTX 3060 with risers? I have 2 more cards under windows at full Hashrate and want to switch to hiveos.

mine is running stable so far, and after restarting the rig, i got 0 bad shares!

6 cards and under 600W - i barely hear the rig working :slight_smile:

i like running efficient instead of to the max! continuing to test it, but since yesterday, knock on wood, no worries!

i got 5 cards with 3 fans and 1 with 2, but all are giving me same hashrate
Try to install some 90 or 120 mm case fans, to lower the temp and make it easy for the fans that are on the cards :slight_smile:

Farm is open, have additional fans and stand under the roof at attic. Its up to 30 Celsius outside right now, and roof is getting pretty hot under the sun :slight_smile:

yeah, attic will always be hot…
i got 2 rigs and right now testing in my living room - the whole floor right now is super hot :frowning:
after making sure they run stable - will move them to basement - summer is coming and temp will go high!

Has just bought another 3060 and put on an 11 years old motherboard with LGA775. The exploit still works. These cards are the best price for it’s hashrate.

Hello adam!

Wow man! How can you do that? So, you change your motherboard, bought another 3060 and you still getting almost 50mhs? Are you still doing the fan trick?

I’m seeing you change the driver to 460.39 and upgraded HiveOS. Which miner are you using? Using risers? Can you make a video?

Please tell us how you are getting there!

Yes, still doing the fan trick. I use another copy of HiveOS on a flashdisk for this mobo and upgraded driver to 460.39 to test lolMiner’s 75% hashrate. It is works. But I still prefer to exploit the glitch.

I’ve made a short video for you, sorry for bad english :grin: https://youtu.be/IL-Rli5N1Oo

One card achieve 50,17 MH/s with mem clock 2800 MHz and power limit 115 watt. Awesome card!

I think I should get another mining mobo and another 3060s.

2 Likes

Hey Adam,

Thank you very much for the video! Your English is very good, don’t worry about that. The only thing is that you don’t show HOW you are doing the fan trick. Is it too much to ask? :expressionless: I tried many times and no luck for me. Maybe I’m missing something. If you can, please make a video when you start the rig and then with the fan trick.

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Sure, not at all… I’ve been trying to start capturing it by using laptop, but usually forgotten to continue because I leave it for hours before I change flightsheet to ETH again… And ended up simply changing flightsheet simply from my android, and again forgot to capture. Okay, I’ll make it soon bro…

1 Like

Done bro, check it out.

2 Likes

WOW amazing, i m using lolminer core -500 mem 2200 fan 65% power 115w.
36mh

eledush, i got same setup - 6x3060
try these setting - i think you can same 50-60watts minimum :slight_smile:

core 1450
mem 2150
pl 105
i have 4 cards running on pl 100 and 2 on 105
once you do the settings, watch how much power actually the card draws and you can adjust it.
in general my 6 card rig give me 220mh and 583watts

Good Luck!

I can’t make it go up to 220mh

someone tried with more than 2 gpus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe4Zp1jq0uA&t=0s

i think you are OK, i have 5 cards that are in series in the serial number, and they give me different results. So dont worry that much - 1mh per card is not hat big of a deal.
What i would do is, lower the power if you want - you can save some power - looks like they are running very efficient now - most of them under 100watts!
so for GPU 0 put 95 and watch what will happen
GPU 1 same think
GPU 3 - 100
GPU 4 - 100
GPU 5 - 100
try and see if you will experience drop in hashrate…i think you wont - but anyway

let me know :slight_smile:

Thank you Adam! Great work.

So far I can make the fan 0% but not hashing ERG at full power, so when I change to ETH it’s the same.

Let’s share this with other 3060 holders in the community to find more who can make it and try to find alternatives to this method. Maybe it help to developers of miners and they can include in future versions.

Thank you!

Hi, Very new to HiveOS
I am trying this with 2 x Palit RTX 3060 none oc models, one is on a pcie 3.0 x 16 slot, and the other is in a riser x1 slot.
What seems to be the trick here? mining a specific coin and waiting for the glitch to happen?
have have both cards set on Fan 85%, Core -100, Mem 2500, PL 115 mining ERG on nanominer for 10min and still no 0% fan glitch, am i missing something important here (again very new to hiveos i mined with these cards on a windows machine) any help will be much appreciated.