3080 OC Settings + Underperforming Cards

I have a rig of 8x 3080s. 4 of them I have running (in hiveos figures) @ -150 core/2800 mem/230 PL. This gets me 102 mh/s and I’m quite pleased with these results. However the 4 other cards cannot handle these OCs. 2 of them can’t handle a memory clock above 1300.

One of the 1300-limited cards is an EVGA FTW3…while other FTW3s in the rig are running at 2800. I am simply learning as I go. I don’t know how wattage can affect stability, if I want to push above 230 in any case, what normal ranges are for wattage (my anchor has been 225-230). I believe thermal throttling as a result of high temps in the memory junction may be responsible for the low performing cards. Is this all I can attempt to raise these hashrates?

I’m also curious what others have pushed their 3080s to, upper limit wise. I’m just looking for a discussion on all things 3080 as well as some help regarding my specific situation. Good luck, miners.

Newest settings after using absolute core clock values. Still have underperforming cards but I’ve shaved off 100w which is great. Lost only ~1.2 mh/s.

However I am encountering occasional mh falloffs…in shellinabox I will often see this concomitant with an “unable to get fan speed” error (999). Does anyone have experience with this issue? Is it a riser problem, thermal junction issue, drivers, card specific? Thanks for any help or thoughts.

The same is happening to me Killo, no solution in sight I been searching for days, in my case I have a mixed rig (3070, 3090 and 3080) and don’t know the offending CPU that is causing the driver crash :frowning:

For what is worth, I just flashed the RTX 3080 Gaming OC Bios with their latest, If you want to flash on HiveOS is very simple, you can download the BiOS here (This is for your ASUS Gaming OC only 94.02.26.48.40): VGA Bios Collection: Asus RTX 3080 10 GB | TechPowerUp
and follow this guide: https://hiveos.farm/guides-flashing_video_card/

Alternatively you can move your card to a windows machine and download the BioS EXE that from ASUS: TUF-RTX3080-O10G-GAMING|Graphics Cards|ASUS USA

I don’t know if this will fix my problem (NVidia driver crashing), hashrate hasn’t change for me since Bios was updated:

Before:

After:

P.S
I Don’t recommend downloading the EXE from ASUS to just extract the bios and apply on hive, is compressing multiple Bios files for different cards and is not clear to me which one is for the Gaming OC