More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

3080 Rig Freezes / locks up

Hello Everyone,

I have a 13 RTX 3080 rig that I recently completed. I am having a reoccurring issue of the rig dropping offline. The rig will run for an hour and then shows as offline. A reboot of the rig brings it right back up and it will run from 10 minutes to 7 hours then the same thing. Is anyone else having this issue?

H110 BTC Pro
16GB memory
13 New MintCell GPU risers
2 EVGA Supernova G2 1600 watt–11 GPU and Sata
1 EVGA Supernova G2 1300 watt–2 GPU / Sata / MOAB
Draw at the wall 3560 watt
GPU temps are all held below 61c
OC settings:
Core -200
Mem +2000
PL 230
MH is 95 - 98 per GPU

Thanks for any help!

One other item. The difficulty level is either 10000 or 20000. I am not sure why it drifts between the two difficulty levels.

Were you able to fix this in the meantime? I’m having the same issue and while rebooting could be automated with a smart plug I’d like to get to the root of this.

A nudge in the right direction would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

I am still having intermittent issues with this. I did a hive replace and loaded the beta version last night. I updated the NVIDIA drivers and it ran solid for 12 hours. I thought I had it fixed until this morning when the rig went offline with no errors from the miner. I am running out of ideas on this one. I also have not seen anyone who found a solution to this. I have been all over reddit, nicehash etc. I am to the place where I think I am going to put a schedule in for the rig to restart every 6 hours so it stays up. Hard to make any money when your worker is down.

Anyone from HIVEOS have direction for us?

Coldas, check this string out.

Give NBminer a shot. I have been up all day without issue. Let me know how it works for you.

So the saga continues. I read a lot about replacing the thermal pads. I replaced the thermals in two of my 3080 Zotac cards. Prior to the thermal pad replacement both cards hashed at 95-97MH at 60 degrees. After the pad replacement the cards are at 41-52 degrees, but now the hashrate is 69MH! OC settings, card location on the MB all the same as before the thermal replacement. What the hell did I do wrong! I’ve lost close to 60MH with these two cards running so slow. Help!!

Same problem here… I’m new on HiveOn, come from windows where with the same hardware i had no problem, so i think the problem is software/bios. I’m trying to remove all oc (but these are the same on windows).

Did this solve your problem?

I am facing the same issue with my RTX 3080. It just makes my HiveOS rig shuts down without any error!!

The logs says:

Error on GPU5: an illegal memory access was encountered

and sometimes

Error on GPU5: misaligned address

I am still having this issue, but much less frequently. I am running the current beta version, latest nvidia drivers, team black miner. I lowered my overclock and have a higher hash rate than before using phoenix miner. My stale rate went up by a full percent with this config. I’ve read that the team black is a beta, but it gets updated regularly plus the dev fee is only .5 which just drives profits.

Thank you so much for your reply. However, I am unable to comprehend, are you saying that phoenix miner is better or team black miner. Which one solved your problem? And what is the current absolute core and Mem size in your config.

I’m using team black. Using current stable build, kernel 5.10.0#72, with all updates applied. Clock varies card to card, but all are -200 core, 2200 memory, 240w getting 102.6MH/s. I gave up on autofan, and am using static settings. My zotac 3080 will not respond to autofan or static and always run at 86%.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.