More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

6700xt General Discussion

Are you on amd driver 20.40? Can’t even seems to get the miner started, gminer-ver. 2.53

Yep, 20.40
Look what’s going on with miner on start, there may be answer why it’s not started.

Are there problems with core overclocking for yours powercolor cards?

OK so I solved it (though not sure what worked as I tried many things). If you set max power to 120 it drops them to 39 mh/s and then if you remove it they stay there. Did a reboot and set all cards to 1150 clock 1075 memory and they all are at 47 average which is fine.

Now the next challenge is going to be wattage as in Windows with MPT and Adrenalin, the same system consumed 960 on the plug (using smart plug energy monitor) while with HiveOS and no tinkering with BIOS or MV they consume 1200.

looks like you have similar watt usage on powercolor. Which one do you have hellhound or red devil?

hellhound

gigabyte aorus radeon 6700 xt elite
i did the last update. but A 20.40 N 460.56.
I am getting an unknown ddr error and cannot start mining.

what the version of phoenix miner?

For some folks, I’d be warry of the latest HiveOS release 0.6-203@210503. In the release notes, its states:
" * PhoenixMiner v5.6b (added support latest drivers for Linux. Notices: 1) this is Beta release of miner and added for testing purposes - need select version manually in miner settings 2) RX 6000 series “BigNavi” seems broken after epoch 412 in v5.5-5.6b: use v5.4c or other miners)"

possible skip for folks (like myself), who use rx 6000 series?

Actually, teamredminer.

1 Like

Picked up a very expensive 6700 xt yesterday. Not very impressed with it’s performance. We can call it an impulse purchase I guess.
Waiting earnestly for some bios modding to come about for that one.

And successfully bios modded my rx580 and happily pulling 30+ mh/s. (Not sure why hive identifies it as a 480)

hey guys, i have been running stable with 2x rx 6700 xt for a month. I bougt a 3070 to swap with the hot running founders card, and suddenly the ramaining rx 6700 card wont show any info. I tried different slots on the board (Asus b250 ME) and it shows up as green/connencted during boot. Any ideas on what to do? I will post the before and after image.

Having multiple cards on same GPU ID seems wrong. I would suggest you check to see if there is any shorting of the risers on the Motherboard or if the power is enough for the GPUs and their risers.

1 Like

Thank you for answering! I could not get it to work, so swapped it out with a new 3070. Now the gpu ID’s are good, so i think its just a stabillity issue when you are using a lot of NVDA cards and only a few AMD cards.

check out this vedio. It will solve your problem.
Thank me later

1 Like

check out this vedio.

It will solve your problem.
Thank me later

So far the settings are working well. Went from 43 → 46-47 MH and dropped Watts from 178 → 129W

1 Like