More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

6700xt General Discussion

It’s clients GPU was provided for setup and testing. As you can see from screenshot it’s MSI - I don’t know which model exactly but I guess it’s doesn’t matter.

Just wait for updated Hive OS Image with RX 6700 XT support

4 Likes

I am impatient. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I got two cards coming in today, hope that it will release real soon.
Any alpha release we can use in the meanwhile ?

The same i putted my 6700 today and

->>>

PSCHITTTTT

1 Like

is there any timeframe or should I consider switching to different OS?
got 6700 just sitting around. that card is so huge, it won’t even fit in my middle-tower, curse

Exact same picture for me on two different RX6700XT cards:
and the 210325 says nothing about the 6000 series AMD either :thinking:

I switched to win10 temporarily just to work on that elusive ROII :sweat_smile:
And OMG, how quick i got used to having AutoFan and Watchdog working their magic for me !

is ny news in the 0.6-201@210327 ??? that is the question…

Per release note it does not seems. I run my 2 card under windows in the meanwhile

1 Like

Is there support yet?

No, for now it seems only to be supported in TRM and OpenCL, but missing is the OS drivers(the distributed Kernel in stable builds at least). So 6700 cards are not supported natively by the Hive OS in any stable build yet, unless you know how to do kernel update like @HaloGenius(plz correct me if I’m wrong, I’m new at this)

OpenCL itself only part …
Low-level device support is provided by the kernel module. OpenCL 20.40 is enough to support both Navi21 - 6800/6800XT6900XT and Navi22 - 6700XT, and for mining this library has a number of advantages over further versions 20.45 and 20.50.

4 Likes

@HaloGenius how did you change the kernel module? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

And you tried running 6700 on hive.farm? Because you write nothing about rehearsals, only about advantages

I managed to get it working (6700 XT PowerColor Hellhound). I’m getting 45Mh on ethminer. Not using Hive OS but it might help some of you:

• Arch Linux 5.12.0-rc4-1-mainline
  • opencl-amd-20.40.1147286 (amdgpu-pro-20.40-1147286-ubuntu-20.04)
  • ethminer 0.19.0-17+commit.ce52c740 (cmake options -DETHASHCL=ON -DETHASHCUDA=OFF -DBINKERN=ON -DETHDBUS=OFF -DUSE_SYS_OPENCL=ON)
2 Likes

While waiting for the update which is slow to come. Would it be possible to give us the procedure to follow to obtain this result?

Thanks

3 Likes

Has anybody heard of an ETA? This brick was expensive to be sitting for 11 days. Most I’ve heard is that Hive got a 6700xt and are testing, they keep just saying soon. If I knew more I’d temporarily switch to windows and my 3060 would fire up the hash too

My 6700xt has been sitting for a while too. We’ll have to wait. I just hope it isn’t for too long.

I understand the devs are working on it, but I will put my +1 in here too for support. Thanks devs - appreciate it! :herb:

1 Like

I am currently running it on Windows, I OC’d it with MSI Afterburner and i’m getting around 46-47MH/s.

2 Likes