More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

A lot of questions from a newbie and at the same time, help futur miner :-)

Hello,

I’ m new to the world of mining. I did a lot of research ant it’s now a little more than 2 weeks that my rig is working. I still have a lot of questions, so here I am. I hope it will also help other persons looking to join this world.

I joined my HiveOs Print screen, so If you find anything of interest to tell me, please, don’t hesitate.

I’m using a pre-built rig from an online store. For the first one, I did prefer to pay a little more and go for the facility.

1. What’s a good temperature for the GPUs? I know they are not built the same way and some wilL be higher temp but is there some cues on this?
  2. I’m running my ventilator at 75% … is it OK? Any recommendation?
  3. What’s the ‘Load Average’ and should I watch it? What does it mean exactly?
  4. How long do you let your rig On? A week? A month? Do we need to stop it from time to time or we just let it run if there’s no problems?
  5. Is there any maintenance / care we should do with our rig and at what timeframe?
  6. I had some 'rejected ’ shares in the first few days doing some test on parameter… What’S a good ratio? Is it ok to have some or we should get none at all? If so, can you help optimise my setup :wink:
  7. What’s the difference between ‘reported hashrate’ and ‘hashrate’?
  8. I don’t have a have ‘power on’ button on my rig, just the on/off switch on the power supply. Is it safe to start/shutdown the rig that way is there any other way?
  9. Do you let on monitor with your rig or just move it from rig to rig when it’s needed and just use the HiveOs online interface?
  10. I just learn about ‘stale shares’ and locked wallet. Can you help me lower my stale rates? And how do we know our wallet is locked? Is there something written somewhere or it’s just that we won’t get our payout?

Thank you for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.