More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

AMD 6600xt in hiveOS

Looks like the main SW branch now has support for 6600XT from release: 0.6-208@210817

2021-08-17
Fixed agent (in some cases overall rig stats was broken)
Improvements and fixes for AMD GPUs overclocking (fixed OC for Tonga families GPUs, ex. FirePro S7150 added support for OC/UV Navi23 - RX 6600 series)

Do you manage to update your rigs to 06-208?

I haven’t updated yet myself. I have a couple of 6600XTs arriving soon and wanted to get straight into using HiveOS rather than mess about with Windows or another linux distribution. I’d be grateful if you could update the thread and let me know if it works out for you.

I run my 6600xts on hiveos beta it works perfectly but cant OC it. They will allow OC with the 06-208 but since they released it no way to upgrade…

Pierre,

I have never used a Beta branch before, but I would assume the release is for the main branch. I’m no expert but a Beta is usually a version before the main software is updated. I would expect that all the functionality you have presently is now in the main branch but more development might be required to fully support in the GUI.

Can you OC in the miner itself?

Are we good to just force push the update from the HiveOS GUI while running the Beta?

I tried to do so, however I can not force to update. It looks like we need to install another hiveos

From changelog of last update, 0.6-208@210818
Notes about AMD RX 6600 series support: currently requires Beta image. Support will be added to the updated Stable image which will be uploaded in the next several hours

I am not sure the OC control works. It says “default power play fromVBIOS for navi20 card”

Also the max memory clock is only 1200

What value you’re expected? 1200 it’s bigger than 6700/6800/6900 has which have 1075. It’s equal to 2400 in Windows driver

46W core and ~70W from the wall

2 Likes

Thank you very much for these settings! Pretty sure you can go higher in memory clock and improve a bit your hashrate.
Did you manage to pass on 06-208 update on hiveos? If yes does the OC works on 6600 XT?

Yes it’s taken from rig with latest update 0.6-208

Even with the Notes about AMD RX 6600 series support: currently requires Beta image. Support will be added to the updated Stable image which will be uploaded in the next several hours ?

yup even with that note, i upgraded my hive os version from beta to 0.6-208@210818, and the oc setting is works, previosly on beta version my 6600 xt hasrate only got 28.5, and the oc setting is not works

but now on 0.6-208@210818 with the oc works, it’s 30.8mh

1 Like

Ok, if it will be more clear for you - screenshots are taken from rig updated to v0.6-208 and use Beta Image.
As mentioned above Stable and Beta images will be updated today to provide support for RX 6600 out from the box.

1 Like

Can’t get it done can you make a screen of all your settings

i’m using HaloGenius’s setting from the above, thanks for him

but we can only max 1075? setting it above causes a reduction to 1000. Is this some software limit?

Hi! I bought a RX 6600 RX and installed it, I have upgraded to 0.6-208@210818. It founds every card but when it comes to OC if fails;

Detected 9 AMD cards

ERROR: No cards available for OC!

AMD driver version is A20.40 (5.9.0325). Isn’t that a little bit old, manually update it?

Anyone knows what’s wrong? My OC are fine, I have double checked it!

Do you have a Beta version of the system?