More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

AMD 6600xt in hiveOS

I use LOL miner. Had a big bump today.

Loving these 6600 XTs. Hopefully after ETH can’t be mined anymore they will still be efficient mining something worth mining.

1 Like

Newest version Gminer
Newest HiveOS version

only one card doesn’t like to mine :frowning: the memory can’t be higher otherwise it would drop to in the 20 :open_mouth:

Guys hello,

I have 2 GPUs decreasing the hashrate with same settings as others. Do you have any suggestion what to try?

So far i have tried 3 different miners lolminer, teamreadminer and teamblackminer same thing. With lolminer GPU2 starts with 32mhs and slowly dropping to 20mhs, while GPU9 started with 16mhs and dropped to 11mhs.

Also tried changing the clocks to 1165 and 1150 on MemClock but still the same.

Any information’s are welcomed. Thank you for the great job here.

do you have the problem also when you have no clocks set?

Didint try without any clocks before, i did try now and GPU9 went from 11.5 MHS to 28.5 MHS instantly.

Try it
CORE 1200
VDD 660
MEM 1160
57W
32,9 MHs
teamredminer

Tried on GPU 2, its even worst.

@OwbyTV do you have idea why is much higher when no clocks are set?

Take CORE and VDD, leave only MEM. Gradually increase it until the fall, then return to the last stable.
Then start setting CORE until the value starts to decrease MHs.
VDD in the end

I can help you :wink: I got this configs:

:wink:

Stable 32.2 MHs → 53W | 54W

Good Luck and good mining!

1 Like

I managed to make it work up to 31.29 MHs with @newwes suggestion. Thats much much better then what i had before.

Thank you all for quick response and help. Happy mining

I think one or more gpu have bad oc settings. Did you try them all seperetly in a test bench?

All my gpus that goes in my mining rig are tested in my test bench for 3 days. You can use every old pc out of his case ofc (carefull take a new psu)

How I overclock difficult gpus is first start by the core voltage and check what it can handle. Then core clock, then memory voltages and then the memory clock speed.

When I think this it is then I would let it on for 3 days.

Hi everyone, I just got started with my new 6600xt card rig. What do you think of these OC that I create myself, I am new and I am afraid if the memory is too high or the voltage too low that it will break my card or you think it will be fine?

Looks good. As long as you keep them properly cooled you will not damage cards.

1 Like

thoes are actually great temps , anything above 72 I would be worried especially with the the 6600xts . I have a box fan set on low about 1 foot away blowing onto my rigs, I only use it in the spring/summer time. Its been really cool lately and no need for it …may the hashes be with you

Hey @diamondhands - check out this thread. I was having the same issue and changing the Kernel worked!

Hi

Which miner are you using?

Thank you

How did you set the DPM? I can’t find it in the oc settings. Also does anyone know why my VDDC won’t change from 750mv, no way of checking other voltages so I’m not sure if those change either.

EDIT: upon tinkering some more I have noticed that a core of 900mhz or less caused the core voltage to be locked to 750mv… anyone know anything about this? I’m using teamredminer

Go to overclocking outside your rig’s panel (before selecting your workers), then go to overclocking. When you select an OC setting to edit, you should be able to switch between card types. Select AMD in this case. DPM is set in Core State, the second setting field.

1 Like