More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

AMD/ATI Radeon 6700XT Mem Temp extremely high!

hi all,

I have a rig running 4xAMD/ATI 6700XT, 1xASROCK 6700XT, 1xXFX 6700XT and 2x1660S.
Only with Lolminer i can manage to keep the rig online most of the time but I had to lower the core, vdd, mvdd and mem clock for the AMD/ATI. The result/hashrate is terrible.
The AMD/ATI memory temps reach 100 Celcius and they crash the rig when it is above 102C.

Is the 100C mem temp normal for the AMD/ATI 6700XT? the Asrock and XFX temps are much lower.

Any advise will be much appreciated.

hiveos: 0.6-204@210608
AMD driver: 20.40 (5.9.0325)

Very bad man, whats going on there. All need to be under 70. And i dont speak only for the AMD. You have a major cooling problem. Also check for better OC settings

it is strange indeed… but in the same room I have other rigs that don’t get that hot

i have tried numerous settings. core:1250, VDD:675 and mem:1075 should work fine on the AMD/ATI but that causes the rig to crash because the temps went up (110C).

Try MVDD set to 1200-1250. Core 1200 mem 1075 PL 130. Mine only on 1 card and see how it goes before you apply on other cards. Goodluck

I also have a 6800xt reference card and it runs hot for me too. When I first set it up I was seeing what you’re showing. I lowered the power limit to about 95W so that it could mine something at an OK temp. I think it was doing mid to high 30 Mh/s. I then set the power limit to 105 and it was doing around 42 Mh/s at around 88 to 90 degrees.

I then moved the card to a better spot in the rig. Its now the first card in the rig and has the freshest air coming into its fan vs where it was before it was getting already warm air from another card. Its now running at 84 degrees, 110W, and doing 46 MH/s. Settings are: 1180 core, DPM 1, VDD 640, Mem clock 1065, power limit 110.

I’m running with:

@hilikus : many thanks man! the hashrate of the AMD/ATI did improve with MVDD: 1250 / Core: 120 / mem: 1075

The mem remains ‘hot’. On youtube i found that the reference cards may need thermal pads on the memory junction on the backside.
I ordered some thermal pads and will let you know if the temp goes down.

thanks for the provided settings!

I’m battling my MSI RX 6700XT MECH OC trying to get it above 47MH.
Running 0.6-205@210719, AMD drivers: 20.40 (5.9.0325)

I’ve gotten it stable with

Running NBminer it says memory utilization is just at 45. Card #0 is 6700XT6700XT_mem_util

I’m not sure if this is something to care about just figured I would share my settings and maybe somebody can have use of them. GDDR6 should be fine running at 60C for extended periods of time afaik.

This is my AMD 6700xr.

Your temps and mhash needs lots of improvement.

Hi, did you solve problem with high memory temperature? I have 3 Rx 6700 XT.

1 Ashrock - absolutely no issue with temperature
2 MSI - absolutely no issue with temperature
3 AMD/ATI - Temp rised to 86°, I immediately shut down rig. Something is wrong with this card cooling. Another (MSI Ashrock) running memory around 60°. No reason to have such high temperature.

Did someone modified this card (add thermal pads ar something different?

I hope you’ve already resolved this. Otherwise:

1 Like

Hi.
About AMD/ATI, did you find anything to decrease this temperature?

Hi.
Try the OC above. 46.5MH with 75W.

Supposedly, setting a low dpm should reduce the power consumption, thus the temperature. Hive doesn’t provide a mechanism to change it, but you can search for one of the built in oc with a dpm of 1. Then you can set the other values as you need

set graphics cards to 100% is not an art. but to work calmly and at normal temperatures it is something else and today it is 30 degrees hot for me and look at my memory temperatures

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.