More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

APC and uninterruptible power supplies for HiveOs

APC and uninterruptible power supplies for hiveos

Good morning everyone.

I recently purchased three APC Back-UPS BX - BX1400UI - 1400VA UPS, to protect the machines from possible power surges. Often, here in the area, there are power surges and I noticed that the servers restart. Obviously, it didn’t seem appropriate to continue to experience sudden surges.

I wanted to know if HiveOs manages the automatic shutdown in the event of a power failure to the APC.

In this model of APC, there is a USB cable that can be connected to the motherboard, and to the UPS to make the UPS inform the operating system that it is on battery in order to safely shut down the UPS. server. The system is called PowerChute. I wanted to know if it was configurable by HiveOs, thanks.

Stephen Kleckner

1 Like

so you are saying if you loose power , then the UPS to tell the OS to shut down because its on battery power? I dont think HiveOs can do this because its based on a very limited linux. but if you know how to work with linux maybe its possible to install the needed addons and configure them with console of course.

1 Like

Do you know how it could be done?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.