More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Apw3 psu on mining rig

hi did anybody try to use apw3 1600watt psu to power a gpu mining rig?

Lots of us are using Bitmain APW3++ 10 connector supplies.

i would like to use a apw 1600 watt for 7 gpu (and their riser) and a hp 1200 watt platinum psu for the other 5 (+their riser) and mb+cpu you think is possible?

With proper wiring and design, it should be…Getting the wiring and loads correctly, keeping Riser&GPU on same power supply, etc., are going to be crucial.

Not to mention, if you are running on 110v, your available power will be vastly reduced from both Supplies.

im working with 230v

Riser&GPU will be of course on same power supply

but what you mean …With proper wiring and design, it should be…

i was thinking that the important thing was to start them on the same moment and divide the gpu corectly

Most systems will tolerate the riser&gpu only power supply on first and have the motherboard powering supply on second.

Folks create all sorts of mistakes/risks with the cables, splitters, etc,

i will need it

or i can do it without

one more think

pin n°2 of the apw3 is connected but on the sata to 6 pin adapter of the other rig is not present why?

do i have to cut of the n°2 pin of the apw3?

I use those ADD2PSU on my ATX power supply rigs, but not on the Bitmain or Server power supply rigs.

You do not want SATA connectors related to powering GPUs or Risers, ever.

SATA for your drive is okay, just use a proper PCI to SATA power connecter.

ok i have try and it is working.
but now i have a new issue.
i think is OT because i dont think is related to psu.
the rig reconise just 5 gpu when i connect the 6 wont go.
i have try to change gpu, riser, cable always with the 6

Confirm you are running recommended BIOS settings as well. I’d consider a thread with the motherboard and GPU specifics. Some overclocks on GPUs create issues at boot. Some versions of the kernel folks are using are too old. Some boards need more RAM. …

looking on the web i find this.
is it possible that i have to power the molex

i m using powered riser

I have a similar board where both molex ports need power to operate the large number of PCIe ports.

Review your manuals and documentation, you may find a configuration guide on the website.

the board didnt have the manual. so i m little in trouble.
i ve try to power the molex that is jatx power but the mboard dont start
i have check al the parameter on the bios and no change 5 gpu not 6 or more

I am assuming from your posts it is running with 4 GPUs?
If that is true and the problem is the jump from 4 to more GPUs success can be limited by:

• 4GB in BIOS not being enabled
  • Gen2 in BIOS not being enabled
  • Power to the PCI bus in use is insufficient
  • RAM on the motherboard tends to be a problem until higher, but it is safest to be 8GB of RAM with such a board.
  • GPU, adapter, riser, cable failures, in the added components.

is working with 5gpu
those are the think that i have test.
riser 3 different type
2 different psu
i have 1 slot of 8gb ram
gen2 enabled

when i put gpu6 and i start gpu3 dont start and i always stop at 5gpu

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.