More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Asrock h110 pro btc cant disable CSM

Here´s is the Beta Bios all who want download it.

BETA BIOS

2 Likes

Wow !!! man thank you so much for coming back with this. flashing bios right now!

My Goodness Gracious! This is Christmas in June!!! If you happen to be in california, I will buy u a beer!

1 Like

@Smining570
It should be at least 50% more on wall. I did not measure.
I lowered it even less than actual state but I could not keep them stable. Now all my cards and rigs are quite stable for a long time after a long tuning effort at the beginnings.

As you can see from the picture below, they work days and days without any restart.
image_2021-06-21_190950

1 Like

Hi ihg70

May be you have the solution for my problem.

I just added a new card to my rig and since I have some cards who drop in hashrate (and also in W) a few minutes after the reboot.

PSU1, 1050W, GPU 0, 1 & 2 => 3080 (98MH), risers, Mobo, CPU, … for a total of 770W.

PSU2, 1200W, GPU 3 => the new added 3080 (98MH), GPU 4 & 5 => 3070 (63MH), risers for 480W.

With the new 3080 in PSU2 (GPU3), GPU0 and 2 of the GPU1 drop to 89 (and sometimes lower) and 90 for the second instead of 98MH/S !!! After they stay stable at those hashrate.

Where can the problem come from? (no problem of T° because they do not change before/after)? How to solve this?

Mobo H110 pro BTC+; extra power connectors connected with independant SATA, each risers with its own SATA, as well as for GPUs.

So I can confirm you dont need the molex’s connected and you don’t need to reset the BIOS. Though I am able to get all 13 running, it will reboot and occasionally the csm will reset, don’t understand as to why

Did you try the beta BIOS linked in this thread with CSM disabled by default?

I did this tutorial before: Asus B250 / Asrock H110 e1000e NIC hangs entire network [SOLUTION] but I’m still losing internet connection.

I have applied your Bios settings, let´s see if that solves my issue.

Thanks.

Still happening. I don’t know if it´s the damned asrock h110 or what. I will switch to windows or maybe I just remove this mobo and sell it. I’m tired of this shit.

I only have 7 GPUs on mine and it runs for months at a time. I have GPUs to fill it up, but dread creating problems where there are none today. It was a pain to get it to 7, remote upgradable, and stable., so I am likely going to add GPUs to another system myself.

1 Like

Hi again. It looks like I was able to fix the whatever issue I had. I just have now, from time to time, every few hours, miner reset, but that´s just a matter of seconds and it continues mining.

I originally had 10 GPUs (6 x Nvidia + 4 x AMD) and I splitted them in 2 rigs. 6 Nvidia one rig and 4 AMD the other rig, with another Vega56 I had there alone.

So far so good, no freezes, so I guess, somehow, H110 Pro Btc+ have issues managing so many GPUs or something like that, because having enough PSU power, 8 RAM, SSD, good overclocks… there´s no way it was a bad configuration issue.

So… yeah, I guess I will just stick to 5-6 GPU rigs Max.

Cheers!

Crazy how after years ASRock didnt release at least an official beta with CSM off. I went to their website at the time I’m reading this, september 2021, and found nothing. Not even the update mentioned in this thread.

Just to add to the original instructions, it worked fine for one rig, but the other wouldnt work. Through troubleshooting, narrowed down to one card. Replaced that card (kept riser, cable) and it still didnt boot. So replaced the USB cable from the pcie 1x card, and it then worked.

Don’t assume that it just doesn’t work. Could be any component and taking the time to eliminate probable causes still applies here.

Any way that we can get link to the beta bios directly from AsRock? Hesitate to get a bios from an unknown party…

Many thanks to @ihg70 for posting this work around.

And lastly, I use these clips from 3D Printed Parts for Crypto Miners door honeybadgermining op Etsy which work great for the h110.

i have same problem , with vega cards and my MB asrock h110 pro btc+ , this bios beta version not on official website and i scared to update that. anybody has idea?

I just installed it and system is working just fine.
Used the download link above from google drive

im running two btc+ boards with this beta bios with succes

Thanks very much for sharing that BIOS.
My rig kept getting “NO TEMP” errors and it appeared to be the onboard graphics. I dealt with it restarting weekly and sometimes being down for days when I didn’t notice it was offline.
v1.64 lets me disable IGPU and CSM, v1.10 would not.

I’m reluctant to update BIOS on a (mostly) functioning board but so glad I did.
it helps to have all the settings printed off and these from ludzso01 make it simple:

BTW I’ve run 12 GPUs on this board for years until it died. the replacement MB only has 11 since one failed and could not find a reasonable replacement. All the same it is kinda fussy before 1.64. Asrock is stupid for not posting it publicly.

Sure would have been nice for ASRock to post BIOS updates and faqs to support this pricey board.

fwiw: Mine is still running onboard graphics to drive this touchscreen monitor, with 12 GPUs, BIOS 1.6, waiting for it to break before I bring it down.
12GPU

1 Like

Hi, just got a 7" touchscreen that is not working 100%. I was told to compile a universal touch driver “hid-Multitouch” into the kernel which is all greek to me. Was yours a plug and play or did you have to configure hiveos?

BIOS discovered it on some motherboards, not others.

I don’t use the touch portion in hiveos since my defaults are motd watch view entered via full keyboard. I’ll give it a try some time and mine works, I’ll let you know.