More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Asrock H510 Pro BTC boot problem from flash drive

Hi, i configure flash drive operating sistem and when i boot from flash drive, after i select HIive OS GMU/Linux the all sistem bloc and i have a Black Screen. Any ideea? If i press “c” for command line i have the message : Minimal BASH- line sediting is supported.

Hey i think we have the same issue

Can anyone help me?

Running the same motherboard UEFI version asrock b510 btc+ P1.00
Intel Pentium Gold G6600
RAM Kingston D4 3200 8GB C16 HyperX Predat. (HX432C16PB3/8

Im trying to boot hive os but in when i try to boot hive i get THE message

Error cant find command echo
Error cant find command echo

Press any key to continue…

When i press the key everything freezes and i lose connection signal to my monitor

Any One has the same issue?

Best regards

Rewrite the image… with this software balenaEtcher - Flash OS images to SD cards & USB drives

Dear nanial

Thank you for you respond

I used balena etcher but did not have Any succes…tried with rave os and everything worked just fine first try… Il try with hive in a month again

highfaith, I’m facing the same problem with an ASUS H510 mobo. And I can tell for sure it’s not related to the image. I’ve tried flash drives, hard drives and SSD’s. Also used images 0.6-203, 205, 208 and even 210 beta. Every single combination ends the same way: “cant find echo” and a blank screen after pressing a key… And by the way, I’ve tried with Etcher and Rufus as well. One of those images was used to install a number of rigs. Same thing. Never had any issues installing HiveOS before. It might be related to H510 chipset, but this is nothing but a wild guess. I’ll post here should I find anything else.

And I don’t know if you’ve tried, but Windows works perfectly…

Hello, I’m getting the same issue, have you solve it? I can boot from Windows but when I’m booting from a flash drive, I can get on HiveOS page, but when I’m press enter, I’m getting a black screen and the system froze…

1 Like

I am running into the same issue I updated the bios or ueif what ever it is called I am using a ssd but getting the same issue and error cannot seem to get hive to boot I plugged the ssd into another board a asus b85m and it booted just fine was up and running in minutes plugged back into the h510 pro btc+ and nothing

1 Like

Not yet. Still stuck. And as far as I can tell, there’s a number of users with different H510 mobo’s dealing with the same situation. When you boot from the flash drive and get to HiveOS boot menu, select maintenance/recovery mode. You’re likely to get “cannot find command echo” twice… Some users have reported that after some time, up to 10 minutes, HiveOS will eventually start booting, but it didn’t work for me. Still think it may be a HiveOS x H510 issue…

My solution: Enable CSM and select all to Legacy mode.

I’ve tried it a few times, with no success. Still doesn’t work for me. And to make things worse, every time I enable CSM, no matter if devices are set to legacy or UEFI, I loose video signal. Need to reset CMOS to enter BIOS again… Good it worked for you.

j’ai le même problème, avez résolu le souci ?

I have the same problem, anyone have a clear solution to this issue? TIA

What drive are you using? USB stick, HD, SSD?

I suggest you to re-flash your drive using balenaEtcher. Very easy to use. I have this motherboard and works fine with no bios changes needed and from a usb stick (needs to be at least 32gb). I’m running 7 gpus atm without any problens.

If the stock bios settings doesn’t work, try enabling CSM and select the Legacy drive option that you are booting from to boot first and the UEFI to second and third option. This may help.

1 Like

I’m using a SSD and thanks for the tips. I was now able to boot my rig in Hive OS.

1 Like

Nice I’m about to buy this mobo and don’t want any future problems =/

It’s a very good mobo. You won’t regret buying it.

I solved the problem like this: I updated the bios. I put the video card on the first PCIE slot (the one next to the processor). I changed the onboard video to PCIE 1 in the bios. I connected the monitor to the video card in PCIE1. I booted from the Simplemining or HiveOS stick. After booting, the video disappears and takes about 2 minutes until it settles and you receive the video again. Then the mining begins.

catalinau, thanks for replying. I tried your solution, and it didn’t work for me. But Hive released a new stable version, 0.6-211, a few days ago. And it did work for me. Not sure if it was a combination of your suggestion and the new version, but it is working now. Thanks a lot.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.