ASUS B250 network connection issue

asus-b250

I am trying to setup new rig. I have downloaded latest stable image 06.39 but can not connect to http://api.hiveos.farm to register the rig. The rig continuosly requests new IP from DHCP server and can not use any route. Please advise how to troubleshoot.

After some additional investigation I am pretty sure the issue is HIVE OS related. The rig was able to connect to ASUS internet BIOS update and confirm that the latest BIOS is installed so I believe that hardware is operational. I detached all GPU to rule out any related problems. No changes. Troubleshooting suggestions will be appreciated. If you have B250 up and running please share what HIVE image are you using.

I received a suggestion to change networking driver. Something like sudo dpkg -i r8168-dkms_8.046.00-1_all.deb
echo “blacklist r8169” | sudo tee -a /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
Looking into it.

Need to find proper Intel I219-V driver and how to install it without network access. Realtek driver do not fit (and should not :wink:)

I found a guide how to get I219-V up and running
Here’s a detailed guide Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS- support for Intel I219-V

1. Download driver from
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/15817/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-PCI-E-Gigabit-Network-Connections-under-Linux-?product=71307 (Testet on version 3.4.0.2)
  2. Unpack zip to folder of your choice
  3. Change to the driver src directory,
    e.g. cd e1000e-3.4.2.1/src/
  4. Make sure that any older e1000e drivers are removed from the kernel before loading the new module sudo rmmod e1000e
  5. Compile the driver module: sudo make install
  6. Load the module using the modprobe command: sudo modprobe e1000e The binary will be installed as: /lib/modules//updates/drivers/net/ethernet/intel/e1000e/e1000e.ko
  7. Verify that the interface works. Enter the following, where IP_address is the IP address for another machine on the same subnet as the interface that is being tested: ping
  8. Make the driver persistent sudo dpkg-reconfigure linux-image-$(uname -r)

I think this is what pkt 8 does::… Note: For certain distributions like (but not limited to) RedHat Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu, once the driver is installed the initrd/initramfs file may need to be updated to prevent the OS loading old versions of the e1000e driver. For Ubuntu: # update-initramfs -u

Going to try.

The latest available driver from Intel Version: 3.4.2.4 (Latest) Date: 5/17/2019 compiled without errors but to no avail. Still no network connection, producing rather strange network diagnostic. I am out of ideas as for now :frowning:

Users of the same e1000e Intel network adapter experienced problems earlier. Going to check the solution. When miner hangs , the rig hangs and kills my switch

The issue was resolved with image based on UBUNTU 18.04 LTS (hiveos-beta@20190618.zip). Kernel 5.0.21-hiveos