More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

ASUS B250 not detecting GPUs

Hey yo,

Currently in the process of setting up a new rig and am having some trouble with GPU detection after POST. For context, I’m using an ASUS B250 and it shows me a screen of which cards are working and which aren’t right before launching BIOS. Anyways, on my very first POST, I had one card in and it detected fine - showed up green and everything. Then, for some reason, each time I relaunch BIOS, the slot the card is plugged into always comes up with an error (see pictures). I went a tweaked around with the BIOS setting (detailed description below), but no luck. Was wondering if anyone had any ideas. Thanks!

BIOS setting changes:

• Changed primary display to CPU graphics from PCI-E

• Changed both PCIe and PCIEX16_1 speeds from Gen1 to Auto

• Disabled SATA ports 2-4 (not in use)

• Enabled Power on by PCI-E

• Disabled HD Audio Controller

No big changes really, as you can see. Also, I’ve tried detecting the card on both Gen1 and 2, but no luck. Ideas?

218004072_260325262104712_7888103186344747821_n

Above 4G encoding to enabled.
miner mode on ( if you have miner mode on this i think you should have ).
Usually the gens speed is Gens 2.
Set primary display to PCI-e.

test and see what happens.

Yeah 4G encoding has been on - only using one GPU for now anyways. Miner mode is good as well. Even when I changed the graphics and set Gen to 2, no result.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.