More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

ASUS Prime Z-390-P Will Not Run More Than 4 GPUs

Currently, I can plug a 5th GPU in, and when I boot, the computer will skip BIOS settings, go straight to the OS, boot Hive, then Hive will recognize the 5th GPU on boot-up, but won’t return any status of the card and won’t spin it up.

Rig Specs:
6 NVIDIA 3080’s
Asus Prime Z-390-P Mobo
Intel i3-9100
16GB DDR4 G.Skill
120GB SSD with USB boot, SATA ports disabled

BIOS settings are the same as this video with the exception that I changed PCI to Gen 2 when troubleshooting: https://youtu.be/hZP6P0D_HZU

Driver Version: 465.24.02
Kernel: 5.4.0-hiveos #108
BIOS Version: 2820

On boot, I am seeing the following messages:

I have tried searching for these errors and the only language I can find is to update the drivers, which didn’t help.

Error Message for keyword search:
[drm:nv_drm_load [nvidia_drm] ] ERROR [nvidia_drm] [GPU ID 0x00000700] Failed to allocate NvKmsKapiDevice
[drm:nv_drm_probe_devices [nvidia_drm] ] ERROR [nvidia_drm] [GPU ID 0x00000700] Failed to register device

Any resolution? I have the same issue with a 1 month old Asus 3070

I have the Asus Z390-A same issue 100% equal, I’ve tried everything, I dont want to return this mobo, and also it seems that this problem is recurrent in most mobo available on the market. Does anyone know a gaming mobo that works 6gpu without problems

I saw something about bad quality risers, but mine are all new from parallel miner idk if that is really the issue

bump would love to know the same thing, mobo that works well for 6-10 NVIDIA 3000 series cards without issues.

I returned the asus motherboard, I realized that my old optiplex can handle 6 GPU with a PCIe multiplier plugged, the motherboard I am using is a 0F3KHR Dell Inc., it has been stable for 1 week already mining no issues

in Bios setting, under System Agent Configuration, enable above 4G decoding.
I had the same problem when adding the fifth card, but now there is no problem. I am running 10 GPU on that mother board. And with pcie splitter, I am running 10 GPUs with no problem

Same here, but my motherboard is z370

i had the same MB Z390-A
thanks to Steven Pankretic :wink: he share the below instructions

Just make the same settings it will wok properly :slight_smile:

Plug the SSD drive with HiveOS into SATA4
Update to the latest version of the BIOS (v1802)
Advanced\Platform Misc Configuration - Disable all options on this page
Advanced\CPU Configuration - Software Guard Extensions (SGX) - Disabled
Advanced\CPU Configuration - Intel (VMX) Virtualization Technology) - Disabled
Advanced\System Agent (SA) Configuration - VT-d - Disabled
Advanced\System Agent (SA) Configuration - Above 4G Decoding - Enabled
Advanced\System Agent (SA) Configuration\DMI OPI Configuration - DMI Max Link Speed - Gen1
Advanced\System Agent (SA) Configuration\PEG Port Configuration - PCIEX16_1 Link Speed - Gen1
Advanced\System Agent (SA) Configuration\PEG Port Configuration - PCIEX16_2 Link Speed - Gen1
Advanced\PCH Configuration\PCI Express Configuration - PCIe Speed - Gen1
Advanced\PCH Storage Configuration - SATA Mode Selection - AHCI
Advanced\PCH Storage Configuration - SATA6G_1(Gray) - Disabled
Advanced\PCH Storage Configuration - SATA6G_2(Gray) - Disabled
Advanced\PCH Storage Configuration - SATA6G_3(Gray) - Disabled
Advanced\PCH Storage Configuration - SATA6G_5(Gray) - Disabled
Advanced\PCH Storage Configuration - SATA6G_6(Gray) - Disabled
Advanced\PCH Storage Configuration - SATA6G_7(Gray) - Disabled
Advanced\PCH Storage Configuration - SATA6G_8(Gray) - Disabled
Advanced\Thunderbolt™ Configuration - Discrete Thunderbolt™ Support - Disabled
Advanced\Onboard Devices Configuration - HD Audio - Disabled
Advanced\Onboard Devices Configuration - PCIEX16_3 Bandwidth - X4 Mode
Advanced\Onboard Devices Configuration - Hyper M.2 x16 - Disabled
Advanced\Onboard Devices Configuration - USB power delivery in Soft Off state (S5) - Disabled
Advanced\Onboard Devices Configuration\Serial Port Configuration - Serial Port - Off
Advanced\ARM Configuration - Restore AC Power Loss - Power On
Advanced\USB Configuration\USB Port Disable Override - Disable all except for U31G1_9, U32G1_10, USB13, USB14 (this allows you to use the two black USB ports & the two blue ones under the Ethernet on the back of the motherboard)
Boot\Boot Configuration - Fast Boot - Disabled
Boot\Boot Configuration - Boot Logo Display - Enabled
Boot\Boot Configuration - POST Delay Time - 3 second
Boot\CSM (Compatibility Support Module) - Launch CSM - Disabled
Boot\Secure Boot - OS Type - Other OS
Boot - AMI Native NVMe Driver Support - Off

sorry forgot to mentioned , 6 gpu successful working

Had the same issue with this mobo, after enabling “Above 4G Decoding” I’ve managed to get it working with. 6 GPUs (3 RT3xxx and 3 RT 6600 XT). Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.