More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Asus Radeon VII 16 GB BIOS corrupt

Hi everyone…

I need your help finding an original Bios for my Asus Radeon VII, the card does shows in my GPU 0 hiveos rig but it does not shows any values. I have load a Bios from a Asrock Radeon VII working card but it did not help.

I have look into Techpowerup website for the Asus Radeon VII 16 GB BIOS but it does not come-up.

Thank you in advance for your attention,

Regards,
Joe

Have you gone into a shell, and run amd-info? Output?
Has it ever worked? Assuming you purchased it used. If you have any chance of returning it, work that in parallel to your troubleshooting effort.

If this is a Code 43 Windows failing GPU, the odds of it coming back and very slim.

Hi Grea
The card does not display in the shell but I can see it in my Hiveos in GPU 1.

And yes this card was working when I bought it …and the owner of the rig show me that this card was working fine with 99mhs.

Is there an AMD certified shop/store I can send this for troubleshooting and repair ?

Not aware of a VII repair shop and if you find one, I have a dead one that needs some attention.

I’d work backwards from the demonstrated usage of this GPU.

Linux
Riser

From the picture, not showing memory amount is not a good sign for that GPU.
BIOS shows the same as all of mine, but that is the first time I have not seen memory of any type showing up for a working GPU either. (not I posted Hynix and Samsung memory types)

I’d get it into a 16x PCI slot at defaults and see if anything detects it’s memory amount and type.

• Windows machine with Radeon drivers.
  • HiveOS with no other GPUs present.

If it does not show the memory the above (2) options, I think you are near end of the road short of very high end IC skills.

Google “Windows Code 43 Radeon VII” and you’ll find more than you want know.

Good luck, hope it is a bad riser, flash, or something.